Forums

Help › Forums

Re: An introduction

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 2 2012 11:20 AM (6 replies)
  • JWalters91
    10 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 10:05 PM

Hello, I'm new to the community and I thought I would post a quick hi to everyone.

I'm currently just playing around in single player until I can get close to par. So far I'm having fun on St. Andrews, but anything else leaves me +10. I'm sure time and practice will pay off though. I'm really enjoying WGT, and hope to eventually buy some better clubs (are they permanent or not?) at a later date.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:40 AM

Welcome sir.

• carling222
    59 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:42 AM

hello JWalters91

welcome to wgt , as for your ? yes the clubs are for good, hope you enjoy the game , and have fun

carling 222

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 2:18 AM

Welcome. And to answer your question, when you buy new clubs they are permanent. You keep them until you decide you want even better clubs and sell them back to the pro shop.

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 3:56 AM

Hi & welcome its tough to start with but practice practice practice & you will see your scores go down ever fancy a game when im on just give me a shout !  smoke

• froggyman100
    34 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 10:04 AM

New here too... Put me on your list and we'll catch a round. Frog

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2012 11:20 AM

JWalters91:

Hello, I'm new to the community and I thought I would post a quick hi to everyone.

I'm currently just playing around in single player until I can get close to par. So far I'm having fun on St. Andrews, but anything else leaves me +10. I'm sure time and practice will pay off though. I'm really enjoying WGT, and hope to eventually buy some better clubs (are they permanent or not?) at a later date.

Welcome, I know the feeling. I had a hard time with the game at first. Take lots of notes especially on putting and look up the tips on putting. They have help out tremendously. Also, play CTTH games and make lots of notes on the approach shots. Record the wind speeds and what the ball did, like if it was short or long or how the wind affected it. The hardest part of the game is putting. I still have a hard time, but with practice and lots of luck, it will eventually get little easier.

RSS