Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:09 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 8:29 AM

Possmguts:

GITrDONE:

I don't like tap dancing,

The person is a multi-accounter and thats that.

Well said...

LOL.. I've been known to cut a rug in my day, but certainly don't want to give the impression that this issue is being danced-around.

I just replied to a thread with a suggestion to include the ability to review our scorecards, and came across some early scorecard images from some notable, and may I add, "honorable oldtimers" here on WGT. Their rounds as Amateurs were equally amazing! Not "questionable". Simply amazing!

I'm not defending this newcomer's account, nor do I think that "multi-accounters" have a legitimate place here on WGT. Simply put, their existence can be disruptive in a lot of ways.

But low scores have been posted by those who are better capable than myself. I accept that fact, and hope that one day, I'll be invited to that dance.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 9:22 AM

not much of a dancer here myself, a player is a EFFING LYING CHEATER. please wgt look into this issue. worse yet it's lazy cheating, can't even put the time in for a few bogus rounds, this cheating problem is out of hand and gives  more cheaters the idea can't beat em join them. the system has broken down. JB

• shortstop
    2,259 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 9:45 AM

As I have suggested a while back, but it must have fallen on deaf ears.  I think a great way to fix the problem is to not allow a person to play in tournaments unless they have 100 ranked rounds under their belt.

• holebrowser
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 10:32 AM

I just finished a round with another up and coming excellent player (maybe the one you guys are referring to). From their stats it was their second game played, two eagles,4 birdies and 2 pars on the front nine of Kiawah then they disconnected on the last hole (i guess they didnt want to ruin their avgs. and stats). It was simply amazing to watch........

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:33 AM
    send email to wgt so they can look into it holebrowser.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 1:33 PM

PugsAce:
    I just replied to a thread with a suggestion to include the ability to review our scorecards, and came across some early scorecard images from some notable, and may I add, "honorable oldtimers" here on WGT. Their rounds as Amateurs were equally amazing! Not "questionable". Simply amazing!

About six months ago, there were only two tiers, Hack and Amateur. To be elevated to Amateur required an average of 68 or less. So yes, they were amazing scores especially when one considers that the only ball available at that time was the free one. Also, the 235 yard driver was the longest available and the only putter upgrade was the WGT that wasn't much of an upgrade, if at all. The Amateur tees then, are now the pro tees.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 3:29 PM

Wow! I had no idea. Thanks.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:09 PM

Please send usernames of suspected abusers to members@worldgolftour.com. These tournaments are verified before they are final, and the wk 2 tournaments will be reviewed next week.

• PAGES
RSS