Forums

Help › Forums

Incredible Player

Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:09 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:16 PM

I just wanted to take a minute to personally point out someone who has to be without a doubt one of the best players in this game.

Was looking over the weekly unlimited 9 hole leaderboards earlier and saw "A Player" was leading the hack division with a 28. That's Incredible. "A Player" has played 1 ranked round has 100% fairways hit 100% greens in regulation and his/her first round they a shot a 28 in the unlimited 9 hole tourney. Simply AMAZING!!

Even has ping G-10's already. Good clubs.

Anyway just wanted to point out this outstanding player so we could all see just how it's supposed to be done. Looking forward to seeing you at the top of the earnings list soon "A Player". Outstanding first round. Gimme a break.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:32 PM

It is always worthy of praise to notice the moxie required to list ones name along with their IQ.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:33 PM

Thanks for pointing this out in the proper manner Slash.  That is indeed an amazing round for "a player" to have.   Perhaps worth a 2nd look from WGT?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:11 PM

And yet, perhaps encouragement is the better tack, after all can you imagine the pressure of knowing that one missed fairway, one missed green or one three putt will screw up your statistics forever?

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:34 PM
    Maybe I need to borrow his caddy .... word has it that he is "virtually" the best caddy in the world.
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:45 PM

After a good days practice on the easiest 9 holes at WGT, with a gifted set of the best possible clubs and a good sleeve of balls, I could understand, however unlikely, an "experienced" online golfer, even if not a "return WGT'r", assembling such an astonishing first ranked-round from the Hack tees on Kiawah's back nine.

The saved replay shows that there indeed was practice, and that that practice was on the same back nine that the "stellar" ranked round was achieved.

It surely is incredible, but stranger things have happened. Maybe not probable... but possible.

The stat's merely reflect that one unbelievable ranked round, so naturally they'd be nearly perfect.

What I find even more incredible, is the ability to come within a stroke of this score, while using the starter set of clubs, but, to date, 3 have accomplished that, with one of them doing it also, in his first attempt. 

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:42 PM

PugsAce:

What I find even more incredible, is the ability to come within a stroke of this score, while using the starter set of clubs, but, to date, 3 have accomplished that, with one of them doing it also, in his first attempt. 

Yeah the guy leading the same tourney in the amateur tier from... coincidentally... the same country as the guy leading the hack tier... leads with a 29 in his 7th ranked round and is using starter clubs.I can only assume that account has the 7 ranked rounds so it could advance to the amateur tier.

PugsAce:

It surely is incredible, but stranger things have happened. Maybe not probable... but possible.

You're right i suppose... i guess both these accounts could possibly be legit but you've been playing since Sept 09 bud and your best ranked round is 31 for 9 holes as is mine and when thinking back to when i first started the chances that i could have shot a 28... 8 under par... in 9 holes even on kiawah back 9 are 0%. Doesn't mean this person didn't do it i just find it highly unlikely unless like you said it is a former WGT player who must have been damn good but tired of their old acct and started a new one.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:59 PM

Just got back from a quick "practice" round at Kiawah back nine... from the amateur tees....lol. It was fun.  Try it.  And these aren't even as close as the Hack tees?  :o

I predict we'll see a 25 in a Hack tier tourney (if there hasn't already been) before long.

Don't know about your reflexes, but I'm sure there are alot better ones out there than my own. Used to be "rabbit quick", but these days...

BTW, I DO understand the underlying point being made.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:46 AM

I don't like tap dancing,

The person is a multi-accounter and thats that.

I do the same investigation of the leaders on the leader board.

It's amazing how much "new talent" that has mastered the game.

I worked my finger to the bone to shoot a 29 from the master tees.

• Possmguts
    30 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:38 AM

GITrDONE:

I don't like tap dancing,

The person is a multi-accounter and thats that.

Well said...

• PAGES
RSS