Forums

Help › Forums

Re: players using cheats/hacks

Fri, Jan 20 2012 2:16 PM (48 replies)
  • SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 5:28 PM

Hey, how'd you get on the white tees TBE ? :)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:18 PM

SteveW65:

Hey, how'd you get on the white tees TBE ? :)

Icon's put me off them tees as a punishment.

tbe

• JPeeze
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:18 PM

I agree about there being questionable game play from certain WGT members. Besides witnessing a few different things myself, its only logical that there would be cheaters/hacks where there's gift cards, trips and cars to be won. If you guys would do a little research you would find that there is a lot of talk and suggested programs and such all over the net. I haven't looked to hard yet and found anything concrete, but I do think its more than just a coincidence that  most of the same people are always first place or top three in every single tournament every month. I mean, out of the millions of people world wide that play, we're to believe they are either insanely accurate to the point that they're -8 or have a c-t-t-h score of like 38 each and every time, or restart over and over every damn day of the month until in first place!? Call me crazy, but  500 credits or $100 amazon gift card just isn't worth that much play and aggravation. Then again, an all around trip with full paid accommodations at Pebble Beach, or that new Maserati Gran Cabrio would be enough for me to quit my job and commit to pushing through it. or i could just cheat....

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:57 AM

Well said JP, Some say there's nothing to win on here. Well that's not the case. and some people will ,do anything to win. It's a shame that the great players on here are the subject of cries of cheat, when they most assuredly are just plain good at what they do, but for a few that are possibly cheating, they get bunched up with them. Really a sad state of affairs, but what should be done, what can be done? I don't have an answer, just suggestions. And none of mine will work! So it's basically up to WGT to find some kind of remedy that will make all or the majority on here happy(good luck)! My one suggestion of keeping tournament rounds to just one round could help, but in the long run it's not really a fix to the issue of cheating. But it could help alleviate some of it.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:09 AM

When I was Tour Pro I thought everyone was cheating too... very doubtful... if you don't believe the scores check out Bullox's youtube video's...

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:36 AM

Couldn't agree more cycle... just watch his youtube exploits. I just play 'freestyle' - see it, hit it, no spreadsheets, no written records of holes etc etc - and that's why I'm nowhere near the top guys - but it's all fun and occasionally I can compete with them which makes the game great fun. There are some who cheat - but they still aren't as good as the very top players. Hey..it's a virtual game, chill and have fun.

• rochekiller
    35 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 9:17 AM

I will get back to you. I had a player somehow disconnect then force me to forfeit. Paulvd i believe. i will find him again.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 4:48 PM

2DAMFLASHY:

i have found that if i rub my mouse on my dogs butt..i get a birdy the NXT hole... 

is that cheeting??  

DUDE ..u have connection issues,,,plain and simple.. 

i play with a frend on skype.. and clearly hear his ball go in the hole sumtime.s b4 it even shows me him putting.. 

but ..il sell ya a PRE RUBBED mouse.. cheep.. :).. so u can beat the cheeeters...it garrantee'd  

peace...

This (skype) is the best way I have found to figure out how your system works compared to others out there. What you see going on with your screen is not actually what the rest of the players see. It will answer a lot of issues if you have time to try it out.

• gil1957
    501 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 2:16 PM

SWEETSOX:

In the last few weeks,i have seen 2-3 different players using what i presume is some type of software which is allowing them to alter their score.On one occassion a players score changed to -5 before a ball was holed,needless to say i quit the game.Then some days later another player done the same thing only his score went to -2 before a ball was holed,then the game stalled/froze.I would hate to think that manipulation of wgt systems could be abused like this in a skins game etc playing for credits.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SWEETSOX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Let's hope not ... i'm new here and i hope everybody is playing fair ;-)

RSS