Forums

Help › Forums

players using cheats/hacks

Fri, Jan 20 2012 2:16 PM (48 replies)
  • SWEETSOX
    24 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 1:42 PM

In the last few weeks,i have seen 2-3 different players using what i presume is some type of software which is allowing them to alter their score.On one occassion a players score changed to -5 before a ball was holed,needless to say i quit the game.Then some days later another player done the same thing only his score went to -2 before a ball was holed,then the game stalled/froze.I would hate to think that manipulation of wgt systems could be abused like this in a skins game etc playing for credits.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SWEETSOX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:05 AM

If that is so name them let wgt look into it

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:17 AM

That sounds like a slow loading issue where you're seeing the score before the shot gets rendered. Your game stalling and freezing is a pretty good clue to that.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:21 AM

YankeeJim:
    That sounds like a slow loading issue where you're seeing the score before the shot gets rendered.

Many times I have seen in the game chat box something along the line of......"vns or gr8 putt or wow ul"    but on my screen the shot wasn't even hit yet,  then it happens.

I have seen a score of -14 before the 4th hole was played lol......upon the loading of the next hole it was back to normal.  

Wouldn't exactly say it was someone cheating,  final score posted for this guy had a (+) in front of it ;-)

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:31 AM

I once played against someone who was at +1 on his approach shot. When he reached the green, he was at -11. The game disconnected immediately afterward.

I think it's a random bug rather than cheating. I've only seen it once.

If it is a bug, I hope I catch it.

• SWEETSOX
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:37 AM

YankeeJim:
    That sounds like a slow loading issue where you're seeing the score before the shot gets rendered. Your game stalling and freezing is a pretty good clue to that.

this is nothing to do with slow loading issue's,iam certain of that !.

• SWEETSOX
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:46 AM

That is exactly what im talking about,i play an online snooker game and cheating players can manipulate their score to win even when they commit a foul,i understand that software is used and i feel that wgt systems may/are being manipulated in a similar way.i intend to keep a note of the players names in future and forward/post them on here and we will see what wgt make of it.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:22 AM

Hi

If you see someone cheating, please take screen shots, right click on the game window, submit a bug report and either contact me asap or email us at members@worldgolftour.com

we do not tolerate it.

-wgticon

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:41 AM

PLUS..........DO NOT NAME THOSE PLAYERS ON ANY FORUM BOARDS.

YOU, YOURSELF COULD GET IN TROUBLE. So taking screen shots and sending them to wgt at the e-mail icon gave you is the way to go.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:43 AM

SWEETSOX:

this is nothing to do with slow loading issue's,iam certain of that !.

i thought slow loading/game freeze/ DC's  would explain the colourful posts on your wall by other players....apparently not.

tbe

RSS