Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Real Club help

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:44 PM (2 replies)
  • KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:17 PM

I'm struggling to decide what driver I should use next year, I thought I could ask for all of your opinions.  I'm currently a +1.6 handicap, I use the Taylormade r11 9 degree driver with a Alidila Rip Beta 60 Stiff flex shaft, I was fitted to this at Golfsmith.  I hit it straight but when I bought this r11 from a friend it came with a Graphite Tour Design AD DI 7S, the bright orange with white looked weird on the R11 so I never played it.  My question is would this shaft work well for me in the Titliest 910 D2 or D3?  I would like to know if I were to put in one of the two 910 drivers, would it preform like the RIP in my R11?

Thanks for your help!

-Mike

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:56 PM

Mike... I use a 2010 Superfast Burner TP with a 1 degree open face, with stock shaft.  It's about the ugliest driver in the universe.  I tell people to look the other way when I hit it.  I keep in under an anonymous headcover.   But I don't care.  I average about 285 yards with 2 or 3 drives per round over 300.  So don't let the weird orange and white bother you... it's about effectiveness, not looks.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:44 PM

Doublemochaman:

Mike... I use a 2010 Superfast Burner TP with a 1 degree open face, with stock shaft.  It's about the ugliest driver in the universe.  I tell people to look the other way when I hit it.  I keep in under an anonymous headcover.   But I don't care.  I average about 285 yards with 2 or 3 drives per round over 300.  So don't let the weird orange and white bother you... it's about effectiveness, not looks.

Thank you for the advice, I feel like If I have this $400 shaft why not try it? I believe it would work well in one of the two 910's. For anyone who is a clubmaker, any advice on which one of the 910's would preform like my RIP?

Thanks

RSS