Forums

Help › Forums

Re: open all courses

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 18 2012 3:16 PM (9 replies)
  • Mjtysoe
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:10 PM

This maybe a silly question but how do you unlock all the courses, is it just more experience or level up?

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:43 PM

There are no locked courses.  Some of them are CTTH only, you can't play a proper round on them.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:55 PM

Don't forget to say that some courses (at least Pebble Beach) might be only temporarily available (so I understand some saying here). Of course it isn't locked at all!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 4:03 AM

Yes it is a silly question. :-)

• Traciebee
    433 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 4:21 AM

there is  no such thing as a  silly  question , only  silly answers  :)~

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:36 AM

all qestions are good . lol. but why are pebble beach closed 

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:56 AM

Pebble Beach was only open for a short time period as a CTTH / Blitz game.  It should open as a full 18 hole course when the next US Open is played there, you can look and see the next 5 or 6 US Open courses on the WGT website.

I have no idea why the CTTH on Pebble Beach, closed, I think there were 3 of these and they were great fun, might be a contractual thing with the USGA.

I would like to see WGT go a different way in the future, if you go 5 years out, we will end up with 7 Open Courses, Kiawah and the 8 US Open Courses.  While the US Open courses tend to be pretty different, the Open (British) courses do tend to look a lot alike and play that way.  I realize the cost is extreme to go to Australia and pick up Royal Melbourne but it would be nice to throw in Harbour Town, Southern Hills, etc. to give us a little variety.

• Mjtysoe
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:11 PM

Thanks for the help to most.... so the only courses to play freely and practice on are Congressional, Oakmount, Kiawah, Bethpage, St Andrew, Royal St George, Best of Famous holes & Hardest holes and Cabo Del Sol at a fee.

Next ? is whats CTTH stand for?

thanks for helping to clear up the confusion.

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 2:23 PM

Mjtysoe:

Next ? is whats CTTH stand for?

Closest- To- The- Hole

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 3:16 PM

Mjtysoe:

Thanks for the help to most.... so the only courses to play freely and practice on are Congressional, Oakmount, Kiawah, Bethpage, St Andrew, Royal St George, Best of Famous holes & Hardest holes and Cabo Del Sol at a fee.

May I correct you:

Also Best of Famous holes & Hardest holes are free of charge.

Only Cabo Del Sol requires a green fee.

RSS