Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why so Hard???

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 30 2012 12:23 AM (7 replies)
  • garry1964
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 1:41 AM

Hi there all..Dont want to sound like a poor loser, but does anybody agree with me on how tough this game can be?  Dont get me wrong!!    The game is great to play with awesome graphics, and nice game- play  but!!!  Can be really hard to make a Birdie and beyond, even a Par can be challenging. I am now level 41 but still find it a bit annoying to do make a good round.. But the most annoying thing about the game is the fact that it keeps crashing and runs very slow at times..

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 4:06 PM

garry1964:
    but does anybody agree with me on how tough this game can be? 

YES......but that's what keeps me coming back for more.   Just like the real game itself.

IMHO,  (and I am sure others will agree)  if it was too easy,  it wouldn't be nearly as fun.  

• TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 5:31 PM

garry1964:
    does anybody agree with me on how tough this game can be? 

can be fun and challenging at times, but today i did several practice rounds on St Gorges, that course is just too, too tough.  Oh well, better get back there my tee time is next.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 5:41 PM

Now hp, you know you want that 24 for nine and the 48 for 18. LOL

Ren

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 6:20 PM

Garry,

I had a look into your profile.

For s.o. with an average of 88+ Pars are mostly a dream. Keep hanging on, learn the ding, consider wind and putter speed, then pars will come. IIRC I only had two sub-par rounds until I became a Tour Pro,  and now  it's difficult again to break par (av. 72+)

You might consider to put your money into clubs first instead of balls. Maybe TourPro Driver&WD or just a good 3WD (I love my Raptor!). Clubs don't wear, pro shop balls do ;-)

Lateron, you might need new clubs for length if you are willing to spend a buck or 2.

AFAIS, most of the crashes seem to come from quitters in multiplayer rounds. I played alone until recently - no probs. If it crashes, jump in again, even tomorrow. As a single, you have all the time you need to think and practice. Play ranked 9&18 holes strokeplay rounds which you need to advance in tiers.

Enjoy!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 6:21 PM

renniw52:

Now hp, you know you want that 24 for nine and the 48 for 18. LOL

Ren

LOL.....I'd be lying if I said I didn't......but hey,  who wouldn't want to.

• garry1964
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2012 12:23 AM

Thanks Guys for all your replies.   Just gonna keep going, regardless..

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:24 AM

garry1964:

Hi there all..Dont want to sound like a poor loser, but does anybody agree with me on how tough this game can be?  Dont get me wrong!!    The game is great to play with awesome graphics, and nice game- play  but!!!  Can be really hard to make a Birdie and beyond, even a Par can be challenging. I am now level 41 but still find it a bit annoying to do make a good round.. But the most annoying thing about the game is the fact that it keeps crashing and runs very slow at times..

Like the game is designed, you have to Pay for better equipment to improve your game.  Once you reach a level that allows you to buy the R11 Driver or equivalent, your scores will become much lower.  It's 'time progressive' and the same for everybody. :)

RSS