Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shoot the caddie

Sat, Feb 11 2012 2:34 AM (24 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:37 AM

I made a bogie on #8 at BPB today when I overshot the green and wanted to pitch back to the hole.  12 yards, easy enough.  Take my trusty 64° wedge, plenty of b/s, almost guaranteed to be within a couple of feet.  Unfortunately I failed to notice when I went to pitch shot I was given my 56° wedge.  My fault, I've made that shot dozens of times and I know I have to change club.

It was in the February qualifier too, hopefully a 57 is still good enough.

I did give my caddie a withering look but refrained from shooting him.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:48 AM

Tonto0206:

Wow purey your a laugh a minute ain't ya

Crack me up you do.

Best to avoid silly posts in the future mate, you might just hurt yourself.

Good advice, best you take it.

And just what is this response mean? Mr. HP is a friend of mine and I  have his back if need be.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:14 AM

Tonto0206:
    I am sick of facing a shot where I always have to change club from what the caddie is offering.

Trust your instincts & not rely on others........if you can't.......hire a new caddie there are plenty sitting around in the clubhouse...!!

MainzMan:
    I did give my caddie a withering look but refrained from shooting him.

LOL.......

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 1:50 AM

BTW you know what Tonto really means, in Spanish it translates to Fool or Stupid.

Just a damn good thing Tonto wasn't Spanish! 

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 2:34 AM

Tonto0206:

Best to avoid silly posts in the future mate, you might just hurt yourself.

Good advice, best you take it.

The silliest post I ever made in a forum was done from the safety of my own home.  Nothing bad happened to me.  My fingers didn't get sore, I didn't fall off my chair, no books fell on me.

On the other hand I once made a perfectly sensible post, also from the safety of my own home and the next thing I know I knocked hot coffee all over my lap.

Isn't the world a funny place?

There is nothing more silly or stupid than some anonymous internet tough guy who thinks words on a screen are somehow able to harm the person they're aimed at.

This isn't a bar you know.  It's the internet.  You cannot hurt someone here.

RSS