Forums

Help › Forums

Shoot the caddie

Sat, Feb 11 2012 2:34 AM (24 replies)
  • Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 3:30 PM

I am sick of facing a shot where I always have to change club from what the caddie is offering.

For example #6 Beth, I hit drive 339 yards leaves me 60 dead to pin. my wedges are 105,85 and 60, and the caddie offers up the 85 ......ffs.

Please WGT sort it, or get shot of it once and for all.

And as for putting on the wrong scale, I can't even begin to say how many rounds have been ruined by that nasty little trick. Yesterday on #1 at Standys I was above the hole and putted a brand new ball into the burn.

Not funny.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 3:52 PM

Tonto0206:
    Please WGT sort it, or get shot of it once and for all.

YOU need to develop a shot routine and stick to it. Stop BLAMING WGT for your lack of attention to detail.

This is my routine:

Select Club or putting distance,

apply Back/Top spin,

select shot type (full, punch, chip,......),

Check Wind and/or break, 

Aim,

set backstroke for power,

and then TRY to hit the ding.

REMEMBER the Caddy only makes suggestions, it's up to you to make the proper selection

BTW you know what Tonto really means, in Spanish it translates to Fool or Stupid.

I always thought that the Lone Ranger was really racist calling his trusted companion stupid all the time!

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 5:28 PM

Yes Danny, I am well aware of the Spanish translation, which really means "not all there".

Irony is lost on you yanks.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 12:40 AM

Hi Ho Silver..and Away!

Lol..am calling my caddie Tonto from now on..thanks dudes :)

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 2:05 AM

Good on ya mate ^^

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:56 AM

Tonto0206:

Yes Danny, I am well aware of the Spanish translation, which really means "not all there".

Irony is lost on you yanks.

Heh. Irony is when you're 60 yards out, your caddie hands you the 60 ( the club you want the game to offer you) and you hit it 55 yards. Oops, WGT forgot to factor the wind and elevation in. Bad WGT, go stand in the corner.

How about knowing what you're going to hit before the next screen even shows up? You saw where it landed and you know how far out it is. You know the wind strength and direction so all you have to do is think about it when you get there. By your thinking, you want WGT to do all that for you with the caddie.  :-I

And Tonto made everything right with the Lone Ranger, too. When they were surrounded by a tribe of warring Indians, the LR turns to Tonto and says "What do we do now, Tonto?"  Tonto says "What do you mean we, paleface?"  :-D

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:21 AM

IRL golf after sizing up what is ahead for the next shot...you consult with the caddie (if you are using one) as to what he/she thinks and he/she may suggest the club that might suit the shot.....

...but it is the player who makes the final decision.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:45 AM

I would only shoot my caddie if he had a hot girlfriend/wife,  then I would sleep with her ..................

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:31 AM

Sorry Jim but you wrong because now that WGT have screwed up the "shot distance" and "distance to hole" indicators it is not possible to pre-plan the shot.

I mean the "shot" I'm going to play - not the one for the caddie.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 11:19 AM

It's annoying when the caddie gives you the wrong club or shot and you don't realise but at the end of the day it's our own fault for not checking.  I'm sure every professional has a look which club he's actually been handed before playing a shot.

The 100 foot scale for a short putt from the fringe is well known but my caddie also doesn't know I have an 80 yard wedge.  Anything up to about 64 he gives me the 60, anything above that but below 100, it's the 100 yard one.  Even for a 78 yard shot.  I've never failed to notice that but have been caught out on the greens a few times when he ignores a 6" fall on a 15' putt and I get the 25' scale. 

Frustrating but I accept it's my fault.

RSS