Forums

Help › Forums

Re: another advance question

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:12 PM (6 replies)
  • jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 7:58 AM

curious......how much does ranked play have to do with the level and or the average score. and does average score have to do with levels?

thanks,,,, just trying to see how a master whop shoots low sixtys can keep an average of 80.

Jim

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 8:19 AM

jimwade35:
    how much does ranked play have to do with the level and or the average score.

It has nothing to do with levellng and everything to do with your average. Your average comes directly from posted, ranked rounds. Players get good at the game by playing everything but ranked rounds and then go looking for suckers. It's called sandbagging and there's not a whole lot you can do about it except avoid those players. Identifying them is another story because not everybody is this way.

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 8:35 AM

" EDIT" ......I guess YankeeJim and I both replied at the same time..LoL ...Jims reply was better...So please ignore my post.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:52 AM

YankeeJim:

jimwade35:
    how much does ranked play have to do with the level and or the average score.

It has nothing to do with levellng and everything to do with your average. Your average comes directly from posted, ranked rounds. Players get good at the game by playing everything but ranked rounds and then go looking for suckers. It's called sandbagging and there's not a whole lot you can do about it except avoid those players. Identifying them is another story because not everybody is this way.

Interesting what people will do to be winners, when actually they're losers.

• jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:59 AM

so, is it just your level number changing that moves you from pro to tour pro,,,simply by playing alot?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:44 AM

jimwade35:

so, is it just your level number changing that moves you from pro to tour pro,,,simply by playing alot?

No. The levels are only an indication of how much you play. You advance by accumulating experience points which you get just by playing here.

You only change tiers when your average is low enough and you have a certain amount of ranked rounds posted. Levels have nothing to do with tiers. That's what seems to be hard to grasp-a very high level player WITH a high average. Either he's gaming the system or just not very good.

• jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:12 PM

Good explanation.........think i finally get it,,,maybe. Thanks again, it does help and clear some things up... ( read that about four times )

JW

RSS