Forums

Help › Forums

Re: best clubs to see me to legend

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:15 PM (3 replies)
  • wfish
    92 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 5:43 PM

Im at level 55 looking to buy a new set of clubs to get me to legend thinking of r 20s at level 59 what do you guys think only want to buy clubs once

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:01 AM

The G20's would be a great buy.

I havn't used them myself, but going with what I've heard so far they are better than the G10's, which I used to get to Legend (and still use).

They also have a slower meter than the G10's of old did, so they would be a very good choice to go with.

Invest in some solid wedges too, they really help from about 115 yards down to get the ball close to the pin. I use Satin's myself and havn't a bad word to say about them.

Goodluck bud ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:31 AM

wfish:

Im at level 55 looking to buy a new set of clubs to get me to legend thinking of r 20s at level 59 what do you guys think only want to buy clubs once

Stay away from those if you only want to spend once if you meant the R9s.  There are no R20s-did you mean G20s?

Pay attention to the loft of the club-you're going to need the High loft ones. G10s used to be the way to go which would make the G20s the smart move.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:15 PM

Just my opinion but try to play other courses as well.

Kiawah, St A and RSG will limit your abilities as you progress.......

RSS