Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT app for android

Sat, Jul 28 2012 6:44 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CBProGolfer
    9 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:23 AM

still it would be nice for an app that supports chat or the forum and viewing your stats

• strict9gs
    4 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 8:47 AM

seems there r quite a few ppl that agree with me on this subject, i dont see how it cant run it, especially the kindle fire, it has a dual core processor, and 1080 hd so y wouldnt it work honestly??.....i would LOVE to know what the site bosses would say about getting something like this on the ball.

• shmenge
    1 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:36 PM

Just playable on Blackberry Playbook on a 12mps wifi. Clickables are little small though. A stylus might work.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 7:42 PM

strict9gs:

seems there r quite a few ppl that agree with me on this subject, i dont see how it cant run it, especially the kindle fire, it has a dual core processor, and 1080 hd so y wouldnt it work honestly??.....i would LOVE to know what the site bosses would say about getting something like this on the ball.

It is not actually a question of power as such but whether your tablet operating system supports adobe flash, as WGT is a flash based game. Android 2.2 and higher does and any tablet that is windows based should. The kindle fire says custom android so i'm not sure about it. No Apple device supports flash because of Steve Jobs decision not to allow flash on any Apple mobile devices. Another concern would be the size of the screen and video capabilities.

• strict9gs
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:02 AM

great insight on that, thank you....does make sense, and im willing to give the information required to get this working .....as in the kindle fire has a display of 1024x600, and also is dual core T.I. omap 1ghz, and 512 RAM.

im actually going to take this a step further....i have created a petition to send to the WGT team to let them know we are interested in this great game being available for mobile download.....if you feel the same way , please take the time to sign it....thank you 

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wgt-world-golfing-tour-on-android-phones/

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 4:45 PM

Game is fully playable on a Galaxy S3.  Bought this adapter on amazon for 3$ and am able to hook up a wireless mouse.  Works far better than I'd expected.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 5:20 PM

Nice!  Looking at a new cell phone myself.  But is it good enough for posting scores, though???

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 6:35 PM

Motorola Droid, 4G LTE. Bad eyes make it difficult, but I keep in touch wherever I go, and play the game like a Hack.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 6:44 PM

The Samsung Galaxy S III is an Android unit too.  $199 through Verizon... oh to play WGT on the fly!

Bollox, is it any good without the wireless mouse?

• PAGES
RSS