Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help...New to WGT

Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:31 AM (7 replies)
  • gigrantes
    5 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:12 PM

My name is Mike and I have been plaing WGT for about 2 weeks and having a great time, for the most part. I am having difficulty with my screen freezing and have not been able to finish a number of rounds. I am sure that has caused those who I was playing with some big time frustration, as well as myself

I did have a guy tell me earlier today to turn off the loop. I did and on the 8th hole it froze again.  It was also mentioned to turn off pop-ups. I asked my wife about popups and she says that it greatly increses chance of getting a virus.  Anyone have any thoughts/ideas on what I can do to fix my problem? I love playing this game and look forward to improving my game and getting know others and competing. Any input woulod be greatly appreciated. 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:11 AM

There is some information on my wall that might help.  Be sure to click on View All.  

Joey

• dryspot
    723 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:05 AM

hello and welcome to wgt also while playing click on menu then options turn

off reflections i think that help with loading and turn off loop have fun

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:27 AM

gigrantes:
    screen freezing

I had the same trouble. If you are using Internet Exp, I'd suggest using another browser. I use Chrome, but there are many other free browsers that have many supporters here. You'll also read on numerous occasions that clearing your Flash cache with some frequency will help. 

• gigrantes
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:38 AM

Thank you for the advice....much appreciated. Your status statement is great one and I look forward to meeting more people like yourself.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:05 AM

if you google game booster and download that, it will help.  I run game boost with Comodo Dragon as the browser and it works fine,  there are still a LOT of timew when there is a screen freeze but it is usually just temporary.  Lots of things will impact your experience but make sure that you go to the FAQ's and do everything in the FAQ's about ensuring that your computer is right for this type of game.  this link will take you to the page on optimizing your computer for the best experience.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

Check your DSL speed too Download speed is critical to experience, but if you are not optimized, it won't matter.  There are several sites that will be able to check your DL and UL speeds, I like speakeasy as it is or appears to be the fastest and easiest to use to me.

Once you get your computer really right for the game then used Game booster every time you want to play the game and make sure you have the game saved on Game booster or it won't work correctly.

Make sure you clear your flash cache regularly.  Most of the issues ( I said most, not all) are relative to your PC and your browser.  WGT does have some issues but not near as many as a lazy trigger finger or a computer that isn't optimized, or capable of handeling all the stuff it takes to run and play this game.  There are tons of helpful threads (loaded with bits and pieces of help and sarcasm) on here that will help you to master the online experience with WGT, 

I have read on here that unchecking Loop will enhance the experience but I have tried it both ways and haven't noticed a significant difference either way.  I started a thread on that a while back and some of the senior players on here replied and said it didn't really do anything, I do believe them.

YOur RAM will have an impact as well.  Everyone knowing what your system is will also help to get you some better answers that are more specific to your computer and may will offer advice on things you can to to beef it up for play.

At any rate, its a wonderful game with lots of great people playing it and most of them will be mare than glad to offer you assistance in getting a satisfying and rewarding playing experience on her.

• gigrantes
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:22 AM
    Wow...thanks for the thorough response. I will make sure to look into all that you metioned. I did go to FAQ's and upgraded Adobe. It has worked well so far.
  • whackado
    4 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:31 AM

Yes I have just started also and switched to chrome and it seems to be a lot quicker and know drop outs.

RSS