Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TO WGTICON

Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:13 PM (8 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:26 PM

Dear Sir, this is renniw52, I am one of your more devoted, and outspoken members on this site. Lately I have seen more posts regarding problems with putting being off, club distance not being what they should, and many more issues. I have payed attention to the people making these comments. What is alarming, is some of the posts are from the better players on this game. In my club alone, there are several great players that are having un explainable problems. Now,  I have also noticed that the top shelf players, have not voiced any comments about problems. But they have commented about people making comments. The purpose of this thread is simple, why have these problems popped up within the last couple of weeks? Has the game been tweaked to make it more difficult, have the deviations of the game changed, or is it just several thousand imaginations gone wild? We trust you, we come to you for help, and as far as myself goes, I believe you 90% of the time. The other 10% I understand is business, and you have no choice, sworn to secrecy.  Give us a clue please, People are taking time off, which will result in loss of cash for WGT, or worse yet, deciding to leave all together. I am staying, but am backing off, because I am not getting the same bang for my buck as I was getting. I'm not a money player on here, so those people could care less about what I think, I am speaking for the masses, the largest percentage of players on here who spend money each day to play. We are waiting for your answer, have a great weekend. I will be busy trying to get closer to Legend.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:13 PM

sometimes we play good ...sometimes we play bad.

sometimes the putts drop.....sometimes for some obscure reason we're unlucky and they don't drop.

i take the good with the bad.

what i would not want was for icon to come out and tell us if the settings had been adjusted and by what percentage etc...or even anything do do with tweaking.

i like when i'm primed to expect the unexpected :)

right now the game's doing great.

tbe

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:52 PM

No problems here. :-)

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 10:15 PM

Why do want to become Legend? I signed in one day and voila, I was a Legend and it has been an awful experience ever since. You want to compete against Bollox, Avatar, etc.?

You have no chance. I don't care how much you spend or "ahem" practice.  You are going to killed by these guys.  Going to Legend was like that undergrad at Duke who got raped by the Lacrosse team: it didn't feel good and you're going to keep paying for it.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 10:46 PM

callawayjay:
    compete against Bollox, Avatar, etc.?

Love to, makes me play better.

callawayjay:
    Going to Legend was like that undergrad at Duke who got raped by the Lacrosse team: it didn't feel good and you're going to keep paying for it.

Bad analogy, going legend was great for the majority of us.  It has given life back to my game and offered some great challenges.  Yes, I have noticed that some of the typical "easy" putts have started to "not" drop.  If you ask me, I think it's great that we only pop out a 26-27 every once in awhile. 

Just relax and have fun, you are not going to birdie every hole every time.  Try to remember the feeling that you got the first time you made a birdie.  That's what it's all about!

LC

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 12:53 AM

callawayjay:

Why do want to become Legend? I signed in one day and voila, I was a Legend and it has been an awful experience ever since. You want to compete against Bollox, Avatar, etc.?

You have no chance. I don't care how much you spend or "ahem" practice.  You are going to killed by these guys.  Going to Legend was like that undergrad at Duke who got raped by the Lacrosse team: it didn't feel good and you're going to keep paying for it.

No wonder you're having a terrible time: no country club, no WGT friends and 0 -- 0! -- multi-player games? Four free tournaments a week, and that's it? Ugh. That does sound like an awful experience. 

btw, your analogy is f-ing stupid and offensive. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 4:41 AM

I think these things happen to everyone. The difference is the real top notch players recover better after it happens. Personally if i get a shot that doesn't do what i expect it to, IE shot goes 20 yds short, then 70% of the time i can still make par. The top players probably make par 90% of the time so it doesn't really bother them. Maybe they see it as more of a challenge. While one player will make bogey from that situation and then be a bit annoyed and probably go on a run of pars a top notch player will probably make par and then have a run of 3-4 birdies. It's all about the recovery play and dealing with it better.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:28 AM

Callaway, when I first started on here, I had no intention of ever making Legend. After all the ranked rounds and practice with a few friends I am .88 from the big L. I will never, ever be in the league of the players you mentioned, that is not my goal. I would like to be able to play with my friends, who are Legends, and play on their turf. Regardless of the longer tees, and angles it will be a new challenge, and will put the fun back in the game for me. After all the time I have been on here, I am looking forward to the new views.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:02 AM

callawayjay:
    Going to Legend was like that undergrad at Duke who got raped by the Lacrosse team

Get the facts right. It was ultimately proven a false accusation and led to the disbarrment of the lead prosecutor in the case. Not even close to Ren's situation or post.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-07-12-2861522731_x.htm

RSS