Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Improving on Par 3 holes.

Sun, Mar 11 2012 8:48 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlexBorgesjr
    1,305 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 8:38 AM

this might sound silly to you most of all our problems can be cured with comon sense, which isnt all that comon, if you want lower scores , keep a log, and you will see constant improvement or your no evoleing and are stagment, if you look at your stats theres a place that shows you distance to pin from your aproach,that number is the magic number, it will lower your game, the closer or smaller that number is, if you go from 19 to 15 think you might two putt or 1 putt more often, of course why the log, 1. goal setting 2 write down great shots and the worse shots, so they can be repeated or not.by dropping dot , not only add spin, but lower distance of shot, like when in between clubs.get as close to the pin, and you will drop your scores , pay attention to everything every shot is a diference between 1 putt or 4,    and use balls that are taylored for your style, your a short driiver 222 is very short and still using your wtg clubs most likely  everyone is diferent ,look at my clubs and you would think im nuts but look at my averages out of my last ten games throw out the 2 highest, theres a reason for them.lol.  my business and hes 13.   send me a friend request and lets go to play around and if i cant answer your questions , i know where to find them.   God Bless and stay on short grass.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 8:48 AM

Boquerone:
    However I have,nt seen anything about completing surveys  and the only videos I,ve seen are the Tutorial ones.

Top of this Page.

Get Credits.

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 1:28 PM

Thanks Alex,

Not silly a tall and very sound advice. I have actually started a log and already can see slight improvement.

However I had not linked the significance of distance to pin from approach but I will look at that tonight before I have a game.

When I started and played a lot of closest to the hole I was writing down the stats re where to place the various shots and it did work well to a certain extent.

I will now start to write down my experiences on the various courses and hopefully this should improve myy game as you suggest.

I have been trying a new driver and putter today (Lynx driver,Gold putter) with a view to buying them and did notice  a difference.

Yes I,ll invite you as a friend and give me two weeks to put the stats and new clubs to use and we,ll have a game.

I look forward to that!

Thanks again and happy golfing.

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 3:12 PM

Unfortunately there are few surveys or videos.  I think WGT wants to make money and keep the free credits at a minimum.

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:34 PM

Thanks for that Terry. It looks like I,m not missing out much and it,s the reason I have,nt seen them advertised.

Happy Golfing!

• sbjorn
    41 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:35 AM

Hey!

I hope some of the advice is helping.

As for 'buying' clubs, surveys for credits can work, but they are frustrating. If you take the surveys for 75 credits instead of 150 or 450 you will find some success. You can only take one survey per day for credits.

I buy printer ink through WGT and receive 450 credits each time (you have to buy $30.00 worth of ink, but it is cheaper than most ink vendors and I have found the ink to be just fine.

When you do buy clubs, I would suggest going this way ...

A good 60 degree wedge will save you when you inevitably miss the green. Starter wedges are really inaccurate and don't hit the way you would expect. A good wedge will change your game dramatically.

Once you've purchased a good wedge, go for a putter. I like the Spider for the first you buy. It took a bunch of rounds to get used to, but now I am deadly on most rounds.

Next a driver will make your approach shots shorter and easier to dial in.  The Ping Rapture driver is excellent, often outdriving R9, and early R11's and it has a SLOW meter! 

Lastly irons. If you go with the Rapture driver, match it with Rapture irons. Same meter speed and excellent clubs.

These clubs will easily take you to Master level, then the Tee distance will make you want a longer driver.

Rhythm in your swing is paramount. If you are shakily taking your backswing and punching the button to hit, you must change. Find your distance on the meter and then pull smoothly back, let go and gently click.

A key that helped me with all shots are the distance 'gates' on your meter. Every club locks at a number of incremental distances. When you set your distance/direction arrow, you add another locking point to your club at that distance. When your backswing reaches that lock, let er go and ding!

Good luck, it gets easier!

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 7:42 AM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your message and the help and advice you have given me.

It,s incredible how much help and advice I,ve received from so many Community members and one even VERY kindly yesterday gifted me a z satin 64w wedge and a LWPing tour w60 wedge which I have used already to my advantage.

I took advice from members and did invest in clubs buying the WGTPro 9.5o Driver.The difference this has made is unbelievable!!! Minimum 20 yards more but 30 to 40 yards more on average! I even managed to beat my previous longest drive of 285 yds by another 15yds to 300 yds. I also bought a EZ 3 wood which is also helping greatly. Putters has been a different story. I decided I would buy one but would rent first to try one or two out. First I tried the iwi anser servec putter and it was a disaster. I realise you need time and practice to adjust but I was taking 3 or 4 putts so abandoned it. Next I tried the WGT Gold Putter which was better but I was,nt 100% happy with it. So I decided today I would go back and use the Starter Putter and I was MUCH improved!!! I,ve also bought new balls and I can see all round improvement already.

Excuse my ignorance but in your last paragraph re Locking Points,where and how do I find them? I don,t appear to have come across them yet?

Anyway Thanks Very Much again and once I have improved sufficiently to play against you I hope we can have a game?

Until then Happy Golfing!!!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:37 AM

Nice to see you improve!

The locking points are the steps in which the clubs move when you charge your swing. Each stands for a percentage (different between the clubs), e.g. 20, 40, 60, 80 % for the Starter putter (male avatar). They make it a bit easier to calibrate a reduced swing.

I for one have printed a scale in 10% steps and fitted it to my screen frame. It's very helpful in combination with a putting length table (available somewhere in the forum).

• PAGES
RSS