Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Course condition complaint! :)

Wed, Mar 7 2012 6:18 PM (4 replies)
  • najer
    11 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:48 AM

Ok, as an ex greenkeeper of 10 plus years, I feel I need to make a complaint as to the condition of a tee! This could be just me but I don't care, because if I was standing on the 11th tee of Kiawah Island I would be most disgruntled!

There is a strip on the right half of this tee that has been missed during cutting and it annoys me each time I stand on the tee and puts me off!

Please rectify this and get someone out there with a mower as soon as possible!

Thanks.

:) :P

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 10:01 AM

I'd prefer they leave the mower in the shed and roll out a bulldozer on a few of the greens instead;)

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 10:06 AM

lol, your awareness is appreciated najer.  it's people like you that should be on the wgt staff to make suggestions for subtle corrections on the images.  i also noticed on the backside of kiawah, #10 i believe, there is a reverse angle from the green looking back down the fairway and there is a creek on the left side of the screen.  when this image is shown, you can see clearly that a huge fish must have jumped out of the water and made a splash for you can see the ripples in the water. it's no big deal, but noticable.  maybe eventually all water areas will be animated.

thx again for your input naj,

qbal

• CyberTwiXX
    91 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 2:51 PM

MBaggese:

I'd prefer they leave the mower in the shed and roll out a bulldozer on a few of the greens instead;)

I feel your pain .. lol ;)

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 6:18 PM

While we are on this topic let me add by saying, I see different colored (green,white,red) round circles on the fairways all the time, looks like manhole covers to me. Or is this a virtual yardage detector to see how far you hit your ball?

Also have seen some green and at times black curved pipes comming out of the ground as well. Is this irrigation pipes installed like the real courses have?

Just as long as It does not hinder my playing if I accidently hit one with a drive off the tee or fairway I'm ok with it.

:) Joe

RSS