rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:25 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:06 AM

mantis0014:

Nope, you can't disable the 'chat'.

Well perhaps you're right Roger?  But I'm sure I saw during play and on more than one occasion where the WGT computer stated: "Chat is Turned off" or something to that affect?  Which is why I asked the question in the first place; how to do it if it is possible.

No worries, so I'm closing this topic now and I'll just have to contact WGT to find out for sure. :)

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:40 AM

Man someone hates the world ..No FRIENDS ! No Country Club & here you are in the forums moaning about guys trying to talk to you during a game ? This is a game mate cheer up ! If you hate people trying to be nice & chat during a game play alone thats the only way nobody will try & say HI MATE GG !    Just saying .  smokey.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 11:57 AM

Just to confirm, you want to play with other people but not talk to them? lol

My advice is to hit [ALT]+[F4] at the same time.

Cya

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:13 PM

Oldstir:

shut off the Chat feature while playing.  Does anyone know how?

It can't be turned off.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:15 PM

Fepo1:

I can understand wanting to shut off some people.  They are jerks when they start cussing.  It got so bad at one game that I had to shut off WGT.  I almost didn't return and I hate people who leave midround.  I just ignore the jerks and talk to the civilized players....

Hmmm. You quit midround yet you hate people that quit midround.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:59 PM

Oldstir:

shut off the Chat feature while playing.  Does anyone know how?

What, you don't like all that "ns" & "nb" & "nb's" & "ne" & great shot ! & gs & gl all & "from Kalamazoo here" blah blah yada yada?

SHAME ON YOU! What the hell do you think the GD idea of playin together in harmony is all about.

Nah, just kiddin. But seriously, so you can't stand that lil red chat button blinkin? DON"T WATCH THE BASTERD! simple.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:25 PM

I honestly do not understand why a person would not want to chat with one another while playing. I honestly cannot stand playing with a partner that says nothing all game. BORING! This may not be for you. It will not take long before people will start to recognize your name and start booting you out or choose another game when they see your name, which I am sure would not bother you. TRY SKYPE!!! Until then, put a piece of black electrical tape over the orange blinking light. And on another note, I very seldom run into a player that uses a lot of profanity. For so many people that play this. I have never found this to be an issue. Every so often, I get a person that may curse a bit but maybe the military toughened me up enough that curse words in the chat box do not push me over the edge.

• PAGES
RSS