Help › Forums

someone said you can

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:25 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 12:23 PM

shut off the Chat feature while playing.  Does anyone know how?

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 12:28 PM

not sure about your question ,you just have to press on the chat  box  to stop it from chatting ,,,,,,,,,

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 2:33 PM

Hi, yes I know but i thought there was a way you can 'disable' the Chat or in other words, inform the other players that Your Chat Feature is Turned Off.  Therefore, they know that you will not be using the Chat for the entire round?  But from what you're saying, I guess all you can do is keep constantly clicking the darn thing when it flashes orange?

Problem is there though; when they see you are not responding to their comments, they will think you're a jerk and being anti-social on purpose. :)  Which means i guess you actually have to type out the words "I will not be using the Chat feature during this round"?  And of course, they might still take that as "anti-social" behavior?

I'm sure I've even seen it during a game where it says So-and-So has turned off their Chat button".  So I'm just asking how you do that? :)   I don't understand what you mean by "press on the chat  box  to stop it from chatting"?  Because if you click on the word Chat, it simply opens the Chat box so you can type but it doesn't "stop it" from chatting or inform the other players that your Chat is Turned Off.  What am i missing here?

Or, are you saying; that you simply never click on Chat from the beginning of the round and the computer will automatically send the other players a Message that your "Chat is Turned Off"?  Thanks

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 3:13 PM

IMO only if people think you are being a jerk I can understand.  It's your choice of course but for me and I think most others on WGT we enjoy the chat feature as much as the golf. Why is it that the chat feature offends you I guess is the question, and maybe there is a better answer for you.

• Fepo1
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 11:59 PM

I can understand wanting to shut off some people.  They are jerks when they start cussing.  It got so bad at one game that I had to shut off WGT.  I almost didn't return and I hate people who leave midround.  I just ignore the jerks and talk to the civilized players....

• Michelled79
    164 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:01 AM

Play on your own if you dont want to chat

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:15 AM

Nope, you can't disable the 'chat'. just close the tab.   Just tell em at the start... " sorry, I'm not really Anti-Social.. just don't like to chat during a game" ... or something like that.

No offence to you, but  personally, I think it's boring not chatting. Now say that, I do lose concentration when I chat away...lol

-Roger

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:45 AM

Absolutely Roger but hey the serious games you play on your own anyway's keep the chat lol.

Garry. 

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:54 AM

Hewsey:

IMO only if people think you are being a jerk I can understand.  It's your choice of course but for me and I think most others on WGT we enjoy the chat feature as much as the golf. Why is it that the chat feature offends you I guess is the question, and maybe there is a better answer for you.

First, the topic is about "how to disable the Chat feature", not your self-righteous judgment of me.  I did not state nor do You have any idea why I'm asking about "how to disable the Chat feature".  So please keep your assumptions and unfounded character assassination opinions to your self.  Thanks.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:56 AM

Michelled79:

Play on your own if you dont want to chat

Same response for you:

"First, the topic is about "how to disable the Chat feature", not your self-righteous judgment of me.  I did not state nor do You have any idea why I'm asking about "how to disable the Chat feature".  So please keep your assumptions and unfounded character assassination opinions to your self.  Thanks."

• PAGES
RSS