Help › Forums

Re: Just scored 80!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 26 2013 8:56 AM (6 replies)
  • SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 9:41 PM

Hey all,

I just scored 81 on the free USGA tournament (Bethpage Black)  and I'm currently at position 1192! I am so proud of myself!

Seriously, that course is very hard . Sometimes it seems that the physics of some holes just don't fit. Example: I'm on the Fairway 180 yards away from the pin and almost no wind. So I decide to take the 3 Iron and after the hit, it traveled about 75% of the expected distance right into a sand trap. Other times on a different hole but with about the same situation, it goes 20-30 beyond the stick!

Bali Hai has it's weirdness too. I remember using my hybrid to hit it full and saw the ball hit some kind of "invisible wire" and end up just 50 yards away! And also, did anyone noticed that flagstick right in the middle of the fairway!! (can't remember the hole # though)

I think I will take my calculator and notepad and gather some notes while 'tourneying'.

What about you? Did someone try this method and gain some success or it doesn't worth the try?

Thanks

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:03 AM

Thats fantastic and don't let up. Maybe, just a suggestion  you should try changing your balls to XD.  I think you will notice an improvement right away.

As for taking notes.  Great idea, don't forget about the replay feature and make notes on each club and its carry.  It will prove to be invaluable.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 1:12 PM

Thanks! Great idea the Replays... I didn't think of it. I was using it mostly to save my great shots but I can use it to learn from by bad ones too! Especially on the greens.

As for the XD balls, I'll give it a try. I bought a pack (not the XD ones though) with the credits they gave me from advancing to the pro tier, but lost them in water!

For this reason I'm a little reluctant about spending again but I think I'm more comfortable now so maybe I'll move to XD balls.

For the score, normally I do +4/+5 on that course but my latest one was 81 and I was a little disappointed especially after I felt that I've done my best! So I wrote here to empty my mind a bit. Maybe I put my heart a little too much into it! ;-)

Thanks again for the tips!

Rob

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 3:04 PM

Congrats man!  Keep it up.

• mccjoh58
    8 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 9:28 AM

As for taking notes, how in the hell do you get to the notpad to use it after you buy it. I feel stupid for asking, but I can't seem to find a place anywhere to open is so I can start adding some notes to it.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 1:09 PM

mccjoh58:

As for taking notes, how in the hell do you get to the notpad to use it after you buy it. I feel stupid for asking, but I can't seem to find a place anywhere to open is so I can start adding some notes to it.

From the FAQ's:

What is a Course Notebook?

A Course Notebook is a item where you can write and save notes about each hole on a WGT course. For Stroke Play couses you will have one page for "Fairway" notes and one page for "Green" notes. CTTH courses have only one page per hole. The notes you take will be saved and you can retrieve them whenever you are playing that hole.

How do I access my Course Notebook?

If you own a Course Notebook you will see a small Notebook icon located to the right of your username when playing a game. Click on the icon to have the Notebook appear on your screen. You can only view your Notebook and not the Notebook of other players you are playing with.

How do I enter notes into my Course Notebook?

You can enter and save notes into your Notebook during single-player practice, ranked or tournament games. In multi-player games you can view your notes but cannot enter new notes.

Will my notes last forever?

As long as you are playing WGT you will have access to your notes. If you stop playing WGT we will erase your notes after one year of inactivity.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 8:56 AM

You guys revived an old thread. :)

I was going to send him some balls that Infinito suggested and then I realized hes a TM now and shooting in the low 30s. 

RSS