Forums

Help › Forums

Re: game

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:56 PM (8 replies)
  • nwpassage
    6 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:58 PM

I joined WGT a few months ago. I was somewhat impressed with the game until playing for while it is more like work than a game to enjoy and relax with after work, than I really care. It reminds me of the first Tiger Woods I played, which was for PC play. The swing bar was the same but it wasn't as erratic as this beta version. I guess I'll break down and go buy the current version of Tiger Woods for the PS3.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 11:38 AM

Can't hack it eh? Well, WGT is too difficult for some.

• CyberTwiXX
    91 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 11:44 AM

piztaker:

Indeed this game can be frustrating, but with practice you can only get better. This game far exceeds any Tiger Woods game on every level and then some ;)

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 1:52 PM

This game can definitely get frustrating, but it has a way about it that keeps you coming back time after time. Or maybe I'm addicted to gambling virtual money... Either way, you'll find that Tiger Woods, despite four times the variety of WGT, only rewards you with half of the replayability.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:02 PM

One Dinged approach shot perfectly adjusted for wind and elevation with the perfect about of backspin to within a foot of the hole per round is good enough to get me back every day.  It's just like golf IRL.  All the bad shots can be forgotten with just one good one. ;)

• nwpassage
    6 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 6:05 PM

piztaker:

I have to believe that the swing meter/bar is the most frustrating even for you players that have been playing for some time. WGT could definitly make it alot smoother and more accurate. I don't feel it is anywhere comparable to tiger woods.

• nwpassage
    6 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 6:06 PM

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that.

• nwpassage
    6 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 6:08 PM

piztaker:

This is not a difficult game, and I would can HACK with the best of them.

• Electro68
    120 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:56 PM

I know that everyone has their preferences but I like the fact that this game is harder to play than analog games. I came up on the old swing meter style golf games but then started playing TW and Links 04 with the analog swing which is easier but not as realistic. I was shooting 50's and under and we all know that golf is one of the most difficult and rewarding game ever played in real life. 

I think this is more of a simulation type game and that is precisely why I like it. In TW or other analog games you will have many hole in ones therefore making them not so special; this game, like real golf is much more demanding. Kudos to WGT ,  this game and community. Well Done.

Steve T (Electro68)

RSS