Forums

Help › Forums

Re: practice

Sat, Mar 17 2012 12:45 PM (5 replies)
  • pagosacolo
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:31 PM

I really enjoy this game and web site.  I think it would help everyone especially new people like me to have a driving range and putting green so we could practice 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 3:51 PM

You can play Practice game to practice all your shots. You are allowed 10 shots a hole, which doesn't effect your Ave. Just hit your shot, then turn around to hit back and play your shot again where you came from. Only one drive off the Tee though. 

Same with the greens... if your 1st putt doesn't go in, putt back and try again.

The other option, play a one hole game.. in 'Wgt Community' and click 'Golf Courses' and play any golf hole you like. This is off the Red Tees.

-Roger

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 8:04 AM

mantis0014:

You can play Practice game to practice all your shots. You are allowed 10 shots a hole, which doesn't effect your Ave. Just hit your shot, then turn around to hit back and play your shot again where you came from. Only one drive off the Tee though. 

Same with the greens... if your 1st putt doesn't go in, putt back and try again.

The other option, play a one hole game.. in 'Wgt Community' and click 'Golf Courses' and play any golf hole you like. This is off the Red Tees.

-Roger

Great advice and I do that quite often. Like you said we get 10 strokes per hole so we can use them any way we want. I crank the putter up to 300 feet and pick a direction. Smash it off the green and play it back to the hole for scrambling practice or out of bunkers. No need for a practice range IMO.

P.S. I've dicovered a way to hit it off the tee again as well. You have to play backwards to the tee box any way you can. If you get the ball back on the teeing ground, a tee re-appears under it and you can tee off as normal again. It's a great way to practice distance control with the wedges on the way back to the tee box. :)

• Brixan
    14 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 8:34 AM

hello 

i'm pretty new at this and was wondering where i can find practice game ? 

ty grts Bjorn

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 12:11 PM

Click on Play Now, then select stroke play then alter game mode to practice from ranked.

• Brixan
    14 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 12:45 PM

tyvm 

<grts Bjorn

RSS