Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "smells fishy"

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:01 AM (2 replies)
  • gagacorcoran
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:26 PM

played a guy today in matchplay.supposed to be a hack, far from it level62 avge 70.5

was giving him nearly 20 yrds on each hole.played more like tour pro or master.i play level 57 pro and this guy was just streets ahead,even looked at one stage to let a few slide by so the game wouldnt finish early.i dont mind getting beat by a better player(happens most of the time)but the devil in disguise.his game history has him playing 3 9hl games and 1 18 hl game shooting 39, 33 32 (most recent) and 74 for the 18 most of his history is blitz games. can anyone please explain.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 8:41 AM

Smells fishy?  It was.  He was the pirahna and you were the sucker fish.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:01 AM

Could be, but let me tell you something... maybe the game sides with them....

I play lots of alternate games, Have over 2000 most of them 18 holes. I have played lots of people, all averages. Have even beaten sub 60 averages 6UP... This said, I can tell you that I have to work harder to beat people with 67 average. My putts don't go in as theirs. just two nights ago I played two... couldn't beat people making putts from all over the green with all breaks and I was struggling to get mine. It has happened more than once. I am talking about legends, I know, but it's happened many times. I tell you that I have found easier to play people with low averages than those with high averages. I play them all but my frustration levels grow to the maximum when I play those. Believe me, I have come to the point of thinking that is what happens. They could get an extra help from the game against higher tiered or averaged players. Like when you don't seem to miss one and VEM seems to be your friend, just saying. Many times when I play those, their eagles and birds seem to  come easily... mine don't...

RSS