Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putters

Fri, Apr 6 2012 4:26 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:25 PM

If you are used to the increments of 15,25 50,100 etc. then the 66+ Ghost Spider would suit you perfectly. Its the putter I use and its only half a dot less in precision and balance than the 92+ GS.

Get it or at least rent it and see the difference it will make. The meter speed is excellent and the forgiveness is very good. I use the missed ding method of putting and its perfect.

Mel

• cballast
    176 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:25 PM

I like the Nike, especially the scale, at 10 20 50 and 100 the math is very easy to figure.  was using the redwood prior and was happy with it until I used the Nike.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 2:43 PM

althemaninont:
    WOW..Putters are expensive..Do you think they help your game

According to your stats, you use your putter an average of 41 times per round -- more than all of your 13 other clubs, combined. Putting is not just an important part of the game, it IS the game, in a way. You're not going make too many pars or birdies without it.

• cadillac1961
    268 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:05 PM

Nice treat. If you hit the ding. LOL..... Ok importend to have a good conection to you reflections, for shure. You can buy a putter with gold and diamands and you cant play better. Have "only the Anser from Ping made. Nice price and very good working.

The most what you need , is the right feeling. My rounds are every more better, but its the way to understand the power here inside this game,  not the money you like to spend here.

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:55 PM

I have the lvl 66 ghost,excellent overall putter. some complain about the scales and gap between 50 &100 ft. I will tell you,I use the 100 ft. scale almost all the time,any putt between 8 & 25 ft. can be hit comfortably with this scale. Also any putter you buy is a  leap of faith,even if you rent it,24hrs. is NOT enough time to tell if a putter is right for you. Probably a minimum of 200 putts or more are needed to tell if a putter woks for you or not. I would say just go for it and buy the lvl. 66 ghost  especially if your used to the 15,25,50,100 150,ft. scales already.   GL.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 4:02 PM

althemaninont:

WOW..Putters are expensive..Do you think they help your game and what do u recommend?  Thanks

I have tried most of them, including the top level Nike and the lower and mid level Ghost. Both good putters - the Legend you may aspire to be someday plays either the Rossa or the top level Ghost (with a smattering of Redwoods). The Rossa is a bargain and it is deadly once you learn it - a few days ago, I drained 9 putts in a row on SA front for 27 - from all sorts of distances. Case closed. 

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 4:07 PM

pUGfANmn:
    Any more input on the Method?

I got it the day it came out - and used it for a good while. My game did NOT improve over the mid level Ghost, in fact it might have suffered a bit. Frankly the meter is too slow, the precision over rated, and while I like the 10 ft lower scale, it defaulted too often to the 20 ft. scale and also you had to remember to hit really HARD on short putts. I then gave the Rossa a chance. Maybe when I get to level 92 I will try the top Ghost. But the Rossa I will never sell. 

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2012 5:22 PM

For Master's weekend, I'm starting with the Method and thus far, I'm not impressed.  The meter difference between the Spider seems like quite a bit more and the scale is throwing me off - but those are both adjustable.  I'm trying to determine whether the other stats are helping with putting (precision/forgiveness).

I'll probably rent the Rossa and/or Redwood to see how they are.  We'll see how much a couple days with each leaves for an impression.

• cadillac1961
    268 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 4:26 AM

• PAGES
RSS