Re: going through the motions

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 24 2012 5:27 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jayne27
    582 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:28 PM

Rzbk:

Just Soooooooooooooooooooo pleased for you and  Sooooooooooooooo thankful you saw fit to pat yourself on the back. 

I think legends have their own line of BS to lay on everyone. Ohh, and how many miles did you want barefooted in the rough to find your putter? Save us from ur crap!!

BS isn't coming from the Legends!

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:36 PM

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:19 PM

GolfDum:

^^--- What he said, lol!

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:14 AM

You are all missing the point!! ! Why should I have to  wait  for another 28,000 points before I can upgrade. Well the answer is obvious WGT want me to spend another £100 in creds on balls to keep me going to level 88. and  thats the only reason, it seems stupid to just go through the motions & spending money just to stand still. also 5 birdies every round to get the av down. surely you should be able to upgrade your clubs when you like after all it,s my money

Don't milk it wgt you are killing a good game.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:59 AM

russellie:
    You are all missing the point!! ! Why should I have to  wait  for another 28,000 points before I can upgrade.

Is same for everyone Russ... A lot of people started from legend at level 30 when it came in. Think I did 30 levels with the old g10 masters lol. Is good for you dude....breeds character :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:55 AM

I'll toss in my BS as well:)

G10's through Legend (driver and 3wood as well), mainly starter balls and the 10cr sleeve BX? balls, until I broke down and started using Tour SD balls (when I turned Legend).

Burners had been out for quite some time, while I was TM, as were Callaway balls.

I stayed (as a TM) competitive in RG's, mainly Tier specific

Sure, R11's and Nikes have changed the game, but the equipment you have can score well enough to have fun.

Kick back for a bit, use the inexpensive balls and just have a good time!

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 4:36 AM

Hi guys

Just a bit of frustration creeping in,  Had a major heart attack 5 weeks ago hence the urgency & frustration ( keep the grim reaper waiting for his pound of flesh ).

I know the game can be frustrating at times but it is free and I have the choice to play or not. so will knuckle down and get on with it

regards to all

Russ

• dianneher
    758 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 4:52 AM

Just keep chugging away. I used the L48 Raptures till I reached Legend with the old G10 driver....an if I remember rightly , going from Master to Tour Master didn't change the Tees, just the green speed, Good luck

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 5:27 AM

Bit puzzled by the original post:

- You are only 1 lvl away from being able to purchase the top driver

- You can already purchase any 3-wood or hybrid club

- You are only 2 lvls away from being able to purchase the top iron set.

- You can already purchase any wedge

- You 4 lvls away from being able to purchase the top putter

Okay there are a few clubs that you currently can't afford, but they (on the face of it) are only incrementally better than what is available to you already.

Also there are a lot of people like myself who hit TM in the late 60's early 70's, who have far less choice of equipment than you do.

• PAGES
RSS