Help › Forums

going through the motions

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 24 2012 5:27 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, Apr 12 2012 2:29 AM

Up until now I have enjoyed playing wgt. now at T/ master I am just going through the motions not realy enjoying it, Why,  well because I cant see why I am being penalised from progressing untill I can purchase better gear. mainly quite a few more thosand point to upgrade driver. Surely this is detrimental to the game. It means I have to plod on the same old routine for months to get the nessesary level.

PLay everyday continuose or take 6 months to get to the level.

russ

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 1:54 AM

What I mean is surely you should be able to purchase clubs to allow you to progress at this level. or is it WGT want you to spend more time therefore more money before you progress.

russ

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 3:25 AM

A new driver isn't going to help you out much, the new G20 irons will be a big improvement on the ones you have, or if you can handle a faster meter the burner 2's are pretty good.

I made an easy 29 on oakmont back 9 with the G20 set up.

And WGT loves you spending your money on here :))

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:41 AM

In all honesty, and please don't be offended, level 86 is pretty high for a new tour master. I was in the low 70's when I got there and still hadn't hit 80 when I reached legend, just hit level 88 yesterday... and I am quite sure there are many who moved through the ranks even faster. That being said, you should listen to misstery. The most valuable tool for you now will be a better set of irons. I've got the Burner's (75 thousandish points til level 90!) and love them, but have heard the G20's are very close, with a more manageable meter. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:29 PM

Well, while I am probably not typical reaching level 88 in just a little over 3 months, it really doesn't take that long to level up with the daily bonuses.  However, the type of games you play have a key role in this and stoke tournament games yield the most points.  Play the free 18 hole unlimited play, 9 hole monthly tournament, and weekly 9 hole unlimited play tourneys over and over and you will level up more quickly.  

Also, with the full G10 set I reached Legend tier and you have the benefit of an additional 10+ yards from each tee shot over what I had so the clubs aren't a problem.  From the Tour Master tees I would suggest dropping the 3-wood and picking up a 220-225 yard hybrid though as they are better into greens than your 3-wood and also better out of the rough if you miss the fairway on par 5s or long par 4s.  You won't need the length of the 3-wood until you reach the legend tees.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 12:08 PM

"In all honesty, and please don't be offended, level 86 is pretty high for a new tour master. I was in the low 70's when I got there and still hadn't hit 80 when I reached legend, just hit level 88 yesterday"

I'm one of the "slow learners" here. Master 64.68 and just hit level 85 and not much closer to  TM  in over a month of playing as M. Same problem as most. putting.

My $20.00 Nike is 100% garbage.The inconsistency is so bad  that what confidence I had is gone.   Next I guess I'll be accused of sandbagging. Don't really care at this point.

I firmly believe this game is formatted to entice you to spend more and more. This is MY OPINION and could absolutely care less about any comment or feedback pertaining to this subject..

Just as Russellie says, I'm simply going through the motions but I'm definitely not enjoying it..

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 12:19 PM

I made Legend (as did many others) with the old G10 irons, driver and three wood. More than adequate to compete at TM level.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:14 PM

Just Soooooooooooooooooooo pleased for you and  Sooooooooooooooo thankful you saw fit to pat yourself on the back. 

I think legends have their own line of BS to lay on everyone. Ohh, and how many miles did you want barefooted in the rough to find your putter? Save us from ur crap!!

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:54 PM

At the risk of pissing Rzbk off with another Legend 'line of BS' I figured I'd share my experience as well.  I used the L79 Tour Burner Irons coupled with the L80 R9 Driver up to and for over a month after making Tour Master.  Prior to that (in the midst of 6 months at Master) I used the L48 Raptures.

G20's just came out recently and I believe I was at about L87 or L88 when I made TM so I too had to wait til L90 for the R11's.  I found the Tour Burners to be a great club for me and made for a fairly easy transition to the R11's when I was finally able to get them.

Lashe

• senec
    252 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:26 PM

With all due respect,playing St-Andrews day in and day out would get me to just "go through the motions"like you say.Even more,it would bore me like hell,no matter what clubs I have in my bag.

• PAGES
RSS