Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just Saying--Response to listening.

Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:10 PM (5 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 6:20 PM

After reading several posts regarding the putting issues lately. I am compelled to make a few comments. I have spoke privately to different players who are having issues. Seems that more than a few are having major problems. These are not newbies, they are all legends, players who know the courses, the green speeds, the little nooks and crannies. It is a total shame, that WGT keeps turning the screws. I totally agree that as you improve, get higher ranked, move from Pro to Master, to Legend that the game should be more challenging. What is wrong, is when it is done on various updates with no warning.. You  fire up WGT, new balls at 4.00 plus per sleeve, played great last night, first thing this morning it is all different. First drive lost in no mans land, get on green, no wheres close to what it was last night. This has cost hundreds of players, hundreds of balls. Balls that have to be payed for to continue. The paying players on this game, have a right to know what every maintenance change does to the game. Whatever it is, WGT has an obligation to let us know. One example, one that has been discussed with many players, is the .03. Putts are no longer stopping .02 short, they are now .03. Again, I am sure there are players who have seen no changes, everything is perfect. Go back to your cubicle at WGT headquarters, this post is not for you.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:30 AM

I fully agree!! Being a creature of habit myself, i notice changes (or do i think i notice them?). I do consider WGT to be the greenkeeper, and understand the desire to make the game as challanging and difficult as possible. Even more so when the big guns are on the edge of breaking 50, which is ofc an awsum achievement, but rather ridicoules in the context of a "best there is" golf simulation.

But a greenkeeper changing conditions of the grass and keeping it to himself would be thanked for his services and send on his way in real life golf.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 11:18 AM

I just found some straws, could these be yours?

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:30 PM

renniw,

I agree 100%. I spend $20.00 on a putter, $4.00 for 3 balls and my putts will not get to the hole. They stop 1"-3" away time after time. I hit a bit harder than needed they still stop. So I hit a bit harder and , yep, 7' pass the hole.

To bad we can't block here in the forums also. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:50 PM

renniw52:

After reading several posts regarding the putting issues lately. I am compelled to make a few comments. I have spoke privately to different players who are having issues. Seems that more than a few are having major problems. These are not newbies, they are all legends, players who know the courses, the green speeds, the little nooks and crannies. It is a total shame, that WGT keeps turning the screws. I totally agree that as you improve, get higher ranked, move from Pro to Master, to Legend that the game should be more challenging. What is wrong, is when it is done on various updates with no warning.. You  fire up WGT, new balls at 4.00 plus per sleeve, played great last night, first thing this morning it is all different. First drive lost in no mans land, get on green, no wheres close to what it was last night. This has cost hundreds of players, hundreds of balls. Balls that have to be payed for to continue. The paying players on this game, have a right to know what every maintenance change does to the game. Whatever it is, WGT has an obligation to let us know. One example, one that has been discussed with many players, is the .03. Putts are no longer stopping .02 short, they are now .03. Again, I am sure there are players who have seen no changes, everything is perfect. Go back to your cubicle at WGT headquarters, this post is not for you.

As noted before in your many forum entries about ball re-action when putting in the not so long ago past, I have had no difficulites, other than my own misjudgements, or physical mistakes.  Saying this certainly should not put me with WGT in a cubicle.  My Nickle.  (just hate open statements)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:10 PM

Ren, I have to share my nickel and agree with Lee. It has to be a computer error as some aren't seeing putting errors. I just shot a 30 on the Best of Hardest course and it could have been a 28, easily. The putts I missed were clearly my fault. They just came-up short. There wasn't any funny ball movement or anything that looked out of the ordinary.

My advice would be, make sure things are tidy with your computer. I'm not saying you and some of the better players aren't experiencing anomalies with the game, I am saying it can't be something affecting the whole of the game or we would all be seeing a problem with putting, or scoring.

YankeeJim said it best Ren, "shoot for par and the birdies will fall". Very sound advice for any up and coming player. Don't despair Ren, you'll be a Legend player before you know it my friend. Most player's who wanted to be in the Legend tier went through what you're feeling.

RSS