Forums

Help › Forums

Swear filter??

Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:49 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 2:44 PM

Was playing an A/S game with some like-minded folk and we were having some good banter. I hit a terrible pitch shot and said some sweary words just jokingly . . . and it said I forfeited the match! Is there a swear filter on here??

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 2:56 PM

Oh Great !!

Next WGT will develop a "Bad Thoughts" device, I'll never be able to play Lizzie or Priestess again !!

Damn it !!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 2:58 PM

Nothing would surprise me on this game anymore. Notice, I didn't swear. That said, this game has become totally Fuc&ed up.

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:00 PM

Great, I'm screwed!......so much for 'just like real life'.  lmao

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 4:18 PM

We all know there's a swear filter on here in regards to messages and posts, but while chatting in a game? And triggers a forfeit? Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes . .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 4:21 PM

I'd check with whoever you were playing with. If he forfeited you get that same message. Maybe he was offended. F bombs sure don't turn it off.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 4:28 PM

Jim, do you mean I can say frick frack fuddle da fum and for what it's worth? What about fiddle sticks,  hope I didn't offend anyone.

• Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 4:49 PM

Most likely you offended your partner and he forfeited.

• WaterSnake
    164 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 5:24 PM

I agree with Dianne ... seems most likely answer.

However OP did say that he forfeited ... very strange.

I have often been offended by OP's language myself ... but it's still the best sex I'm getting at the moment so I let it go. LMAO

Also love your "real life" comment Lashe ... unfortunately the F-word just winds some people up. I know my boss goes ballistic every time i use it.

WS

• TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:20 PM

Dianne81:

Most likely you offended your partner and he forfeited.

Not having all the particulars of this more or less private conversation it would be difficult for most to decide which side of the fence to take a drop on.  If the player using had taken the Lords' name in vain all he lost was a few minutes of an online gaming experience, the person taking offense at a certain word used during a leisure activity may have second thoughts aboout engaging others using this medium.  If the gamer who chose to utter an offensive comment after not being completely satisified with a well thought out chip shot and made an innapropriate utterance while referencing Mohammed (peace be upon him) then he's lucky if there's not already a bounty on his head.  In FAQ section maybe should be that list of George Carlins what one should/can  type or not type? 

• PAGES
RSS