Help › Forums

Swear filter??

Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:49 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:47 PM

YankeeJim:

I'd check with whoever you were playing with. If he forfeited you get that same message. Maybe he was offended. F bombs sure don't turn it off.

Agree with you Jim^ And one personal note I don't blame him if this was the case(nothing against Lobster or anyone else for that matter). To each there own. If you don't want to hear it you don't want to read it. However I will say this(assuming of course that's what happened) Joking or not, he should have at least expressed how he/she felt about it b4 just up and leaving but... hey.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 9:33 PM

Dianne81:

Most likely you offended your partner and he forfeited.

I don't think so, played with LB many a times, and it's always with friends, I think something odd happened in his instance.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:43 AM

MBaggese:

Dianne81:

Most likely you offended your partner and he forfeited.

I don't think so, played with LB many a times, and it's always with friends, I think something odd happened in his instance.

Thanks Mike . . . I do usually play with friends but in this instance I had joined a random group. We were on the 4th and like I said the banter was good. The weird thing is . . . I was still typing the sweary words when it suddenly said I had forfeited! I hadn't yet pressed enter so the other players never even saw what I'd typed! Just thinking back to it now though . . . I'm wondering if my podna was so discussted at my shot he quit or forfeited while my ball was still rolling down the side of the hill lol and it said I forfeited! Who knows . .

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:54 AM

Lobsterboy:

Was playing an A/S game with some like-minded folk and we were having some good banter. I hit a terrible pitch shot and said some sweary words just jokingly . . . and it said I forfeited the match! Is there a swear filter on here??

This has no relevance.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:55 AM

There is no in-game swear filter. I can promise you that (tested and re-tested, much to the surprise of my playing partners. There are now three people on WGT who think I have Tourette's Syndrome).

As for the forfeit, either your partner did it intentionally, unintentionally, or one of you disconnected for the third time

• Bodycarver
    99 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:34 AM

I agree 100% even if they use symbols to hide letters. It still reads the same. Some are just way over the top on the f bomb and others. 

It would be nice if a filter would not allow the post to be posted if it contains foul language.

You could program it to only catch certain words and over look others. 

Now if we could get a filter to work in the forums also. That would be great.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:28 PM

BeachedMulligan:

Lobsterboy:

Was playing an A/S game with some like-minded folk and we were having some good banter. I hit a terrible pitch shot and said some sweary words just jokingly . . . and it said I forfeited the match! Is there a swear filter on here??

This has no relevance.

Lmao Ryan

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:49 PM

godelescher:
    As for the forfeit, either your partner did it intentionally, unintentionally, or one of you disconnected for the third time

There were no disconnects at all up until then. If my partner did it . . . why did it say "Lobsterboy has forfeited the match"? I was mortified! Don't see how anyone could unintentionally quit or forfeit a match . .

• PAGES
RSS