Help › Forums

what are

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:03 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dryspot
    726 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:00 PM

i need help the 30 putter you have 6 movements each time you pull back slowly your

putter will move and each movement represents 5 ft so what i want to know is what are

the movements on the spyder putter it has a 25 foot scale please help thanks

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:32 AM

I don't know the spyder putter, but it should be linear.

Divide 25 ft by the no. of movements, e.g. 25:5(?) = 5

• dryspot
    726 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:18 PM

i pulled back on it slowly on it had only 2 movements so each one i guess

would be 12 1/2 ft thanks 4 your help :))

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 1:21 PM

dryspot:

i pulled back on it slowly on it had only 2 movements so each one i guess

would be 12 1/2 ft thanks 4 your help :))

No. It isn't exact. Watch the distance between each move.  Basically you have 3 spaces, 2 of them the same and the third something less. That makes the first 2 moves less than 12 1/2.

The best thing to do to learn this is head out to BPB front 9. Get on the green and putt back and forth, watching what the different moves on each scale give you. On in 2 or 3 gets you 7-8 putts. The second and third holes have good, long, flat greens that are good for practicing.

• dryspot
    726 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:18 PM

ok thanks 4 your help :)

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:42 PM

I don't use the avatar movements, but couldn't you use the putter pal to check the percentage of each move?

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:07 PM

Never been a avatar movement fan. I can gauge distance pretty well (with practice) by feel using the meter and green speed...but I've also been here 3 years. A few small things that might be helpful is hit shorter putts with authority to take out the break, always try to keep the ball above the hole...balls that break low never go in, and aim past the hole.    

Joey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:06 PM

labordayk:

I don't use the avatar movements, but couldn't you use the putter pal to check the percentage of each move?

You could but using avatar moves eliminates any % guessing-the moves are definitive, you just have to figure out the values. The Putter Pal would seem to be helpful if you didn't use avatar moves because you'd be able to assign a value to each hash mark based on green speed. I happen to like avatar moves simply because they're so exact. A pixel or 2 off on your eye angle to the width of one of those marks makes a difference.

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:33 PM

YankeeJim:

labordayk:

You could but using avatar moves eliminates any % guessing-the moves are definitive, you just have to figure out the values. The Putter Pal would seem to be helpful if you didn't use avatar moves because you'd be able to assign a value to each hash mark based on green speed. I happen to like avatar moves simply because they're so exact. A pixel or 2 off on your eye angle to the width of one of those marks makes a difference.

I meant, if you want to use avatar moves, just use the putter pal to check the percentages, then turn it off.

I used the putter pal they gave us to check the marks on my homemade percentage scale, then turned it off, because it was distracting.

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 2:16 PM

on the 25 scale for the spyder,  the first  movement is 10 foot ,the second movement is 20 foot,  which leaves a final 5 foot.    on the 50 scale.    the avatar moves in ten foot increments also.  4 movements up to 40 foot,  then you have a final ten foot.

• PAGES
RSS