Forums

Help › Forums

At My Wits End

Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:08 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 6:14 PM

Help, please. I am leaving 3 -4 birdies every round. I have played with some of the better players, doing everything they say, and can;t get there. Hitting all greens in reg, 4 ft putts dinged are missing, have even had 1.6 ft putts for birdie miss. I'm not begging, just asking for some help, do I need to change balls, putter, or what. I rented the Nike top of the line putter, as soon as I went back to my putter, the putts started missing again. Strange, don't you think?

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 9:17 PM

Use the low level Spider & drill in the short ones Renni. You only have to shoot some 30's. Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:16 PM

RENNIW52 ,(mon ami)   your avarage is not  going up anymore ,you worry and try to much , it will come just play your fav  9 holes ranked    over and over  it will come  dont give up  :)    we all cant wait for the day you are Legend  play your favarite ,  :)  

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:54 AM

Hi Renni,

my putting was great up to recently......but I seem to be just missing birdie putts on all courses...!!! My balls have also suddenly developed a love for water which used never happen before...one of my CC members commented that there was no water left in the pond on CCC #10 as so many of my balls went in there.

I have used the Rossa for a long time now & thought about changing it when the 'yips' happen but as I considered it, it all comes back to normal & I still have the same putter.  Never noticed any difference in the type of ball used.

Like Bubba says for the shorter putts I have started attacking the hole more.....I go & have a warm up session on a RR so that I can get the tournament speed greens to build confidence in hitting the ball harder at the hole.  With the longer putts I try to at least hit the ball so that it will get past the hole which ups the chances of getting the ball in. I use up all the shots on each hole for putting & then cancel the game when finished.

With the severe breaks I move the aimer & compensate for the break by missing the ding...takes a bit of practice to get use to the timing.  Also remember that the more you move the aimer away from the hole the futher the ball has to travel....

I also find that if I am any bit tired or mind is distracted that the 'yips' creep in so I stop playing.....lol

mara43

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 3:59 AM

Hey renni,Just take a time out & just play on wgtls and have some fun for a while,Sounds as though you could use a bit low intensity play & a time to chill,I don't know if you already play in there but me personally only joined a couple of weeks ago,It's about as much fun has I've had on WGT & also I've posted some very nice scores for me,My average is falling slowly all be it in a different level than yourself but I'm getting close to TM I'm at 64.05 average,I'm also getting some very strange results on the greens with the pace mostly not always the speed it say's I now wear a wig.

GC.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:53 AM

I think you are saying to yourself that you are going to miss the putt every time you get hold of that putter. The human brain can be the hardest to master. I know it's only a game, but if you have the yips, It's hard to get out of it.

Maybe get on the Practice greens and just keep on putting until you get your confidence back :)

Good Luck

Roger

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:06 AM

Those last few points you have to knock off to move to Legend are quite troublesome.  

Maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4fWA1b5Trs

• trengoff
    128 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:20 AM

Well we have all been there  .... hopefully only temporary  .. chin up renni. P.S.the "rossa" is great m8, And changing balls does wreak havoc with your play :

(nice one hpurey lol)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:37 AM

Thank you HP, that should fix it all. Is it too early to start Octoberfest?

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:52 AM

I can't remember the last round where I DIDN'T leave 3 or 4 birdies out there. Hell, I leave a lot of pars out there most days, as well.

• PAGES
RSS