Forums

Help › Forums

master to tour master and up

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:52 AM (4 replies)
  • DanS19579
    3 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:18 AM

What is the criteria used to move from master to tour master and to legend?

• buzkashi
    403 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:41 AM

From Master to Tour Master, if I can remember exactly, requires a minimum of 40 ranked rounds with an average of 63.00, and from Tour Master to Legend a minimum of 50 ranked rounds with an average of 61.00.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:31 PM

Furtheron, the average is calculated from the best rated rounds, their number being the same than the minimum number. Once you exceed that number, the higher rounds will drop out of the calculation and the average will only drop. Later high results will not affect the average at all.

Therefore, it is nonsense to quit games to "protect" the average.

• bblackh1
    159 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 12:46 AM

Thanks Alosso, that is exactly the advice I was looking for.  I have been

"protecting" the average, and I am happy to hear it is unnecessary.

bblackh1

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:52 AM

Congrats BB, I see you just turned Master!

Now you av. will float for a while, going up with a lesser good round, so you might be tempted to protect it (or your ego) by stopping play before completion. No need to do so, as said above.

I've played close to 200 Master rounds, still far from the margin, and in my average of 64.83 there are only rounds of 67 and better (33 for 9 holes). All the others are long forgotten.

BTW, if you'd play tournaments you'd receive double XPs, helping you to level-up faster. You know the continuous-days-played bonus?

RSS