Forums

Help › Forums

disconnecting in multiplayer game

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 3 2010 4:58 PM (8 replies)
  • victorspil
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:50 PM

When someone is disconnected in a multiplayer game the remaining players in the flight can not continue because the game ' freezes'. This has happened three times already.

Thanks,

Victor

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:10 PM

Hi Victor,

We are working on alleviating the freezing issue when a player disconnects from a multiplayer game.  If you have a really good round going or have awards you'd like to complete the round to earn, simply restart your browser, return to the game and choose the "RESUME ROUND" option.  You'll be able to finish out in single player and you'll still be able to finish posting your score and collect any awards you may have earned during that round.

• victorspil
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 11:46 AM

Good tip, thanks!

• GJonz
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 4:22 AM

Are you any closer to fixing this? From my experience in the last week, it has frozen each time someone has disconnected - including three times today.

If you can't fix the freezing, could you introduce a score penalty to stop people from disconnecting?

• weedhitters
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 12:42 PM

i believe that if there was some sort of penalty for quitting so many people would not. i suggest locking them out for a ( your choice ) amount of time. 

• Enzio76
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 5:32 PM

+1 got my vote

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 7:46 PM

i posted this:

thank you jake, iam, and max - so whats up charle? any answers as to whether or not this bug has been addressed? if you posted any records or a high score, it won't post, as well as lost level points. i might be upset if i shot a 28 with a hole-in-one, but neither stat is posted because of the quitter...[i wan't able to resume my game]

[after going through the steps after an update...ty YJ]

hey YJ - i did it, like max did, no change. had a fun game on bpb with masterpinseeker and marshalaw, marsh quit cuz he had an awful game - but he quit at the right time [i'm wondering exactly how he quit though]. in the past, it woulda let me and masterp continue - but it froze us out. this is a new problem for me in the last 10 days - can u help us hacks fix this with your golden connections? was it because i was +2 and wasn't worthy? where the hell are you charlemange [OP] - now that u r the man who knows too much u disappear...lol - maybe we should switch it to "ask a Yankee"? if i didn't hate the yankees i would suggest it...[just kiddin [sort of] yankee jim...help]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YJ responded with this:

-[i can't figure out how to copy a picture of the post from salamii, JUNE 3, 2009]

Here it is:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/2233/10355.aspx#10355

From WGTalex, MAY 29, 2009

Hi salamii, thanks for the report. We are looking into this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From WGTniv, MARCH 27th, 2010

Hi Victor,

We are working on alleviating the freezing issue when a player disconnects from a multiplayer game. If you have a really good round going or have awards you'd like to complete the round to earn, simply restart your browser, return to the game and choose the "RESUME ROUND" option. You'll be able to finish out in single player and you'll still be able to finish posting your score and collect any awards you may have earned during that round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO... i first posted because this issue seemed to come up recently for me. as i said, in the past, a player disconnected and the other 2/3 were allowed to continue. once in a while it froze. has this been happening recently to you guys, or has it been happening for the last year+ ? does it come down to the WAY in which a player disconnects? is that why we are sometimes allowed to continues and sometimes we get the "Unexpected Error" window? without spending too much time drilling through posts [i do that at work on weekdays:)], it seems to boil down to 2 things:

1 - This must be a very difficult fix for WGT, as it has been over a year and still isn't fixed

2 - If the temporary workaround is the method by which a player disconnects, can't WGT inform all players of the proper method so as to let the others continue?

Let's figure out what's goin on!!! Anyone???

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 9:58 PM

same thing - on a 3-player multiround, i hit the last putt, meter stopped as expected, game froze. i was unable to continue the round. no stats, no bonus for completing, etc - very frustrating

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 4:58 PM

ok - this is the 2nd to last time i post this... i played game with 2 friends, had a great game [-7], beer-translated, -2, was about to hit my last putt - meter froze and i couldnt finish the 9-hole round. couldnt finish alone either. no bonus, no stats, bug submitted. if the packers had lost today i'd REALLY be pissed. if i worked at WGT i'd like to take off, drink beer, and watch the ryder cup in person too. i have been to wales - its a cool place, but fix the @#$% first guys, THEN play:) - as berman and the espn crew says..."CMON GUYS" - u have an excellent product - tighten it up huh? and if u cant figure it out, i will code it for you, for 200 bucks and press box tickets to the dal/gb game at lambeau]...

RSS