Forums

Help › Forums

just a comment

Mon, Mar 29 2010 2:08 PM (9 replies)
  • scorpio102558
    4 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:44 AM
    I just posted here to say how much I have enjoyed playing WGT golf. Like the real game, I find it lots of fun and very frustrating. Just like with my real game, my putting here sucks. I wish there was a spot we could practice. I was a little surprised how fast I have moved to the pro ranking. I've only been on here for less then a week and I feel I'm not that good.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:05 AM

For putting woes, Nivlac's putting tutorial is a must-read. Also, read YankeeJim's tip on how to get the next-best thing in the absence of a putting green.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:30 AM

Pro is the best place to be!  You will improve quickly and have the most fun.  Keep playing!

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:38 AM

As a PRO, you are more apt to play a round with a Master. With the faster greens speeds, you have to adjust accordingly. Par is always better than bogie. If you aren't sure, lag the putt. Good luck!

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:55 AM

I noticed your using the spider putter.  Some peple love it  and I used to use it myself. That is, til I went and got me the Daytona and started using nivlac's putting method.

It has really dropped my average considerably.

just my 2 cents, GL!

Krokk

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 4:18 PM

Same sentiments here. Putting is also something I need to improve on. Keep on playing and having fun like I have!

Greg.

• scorpio102558
    4 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:02 PM
    thanks for the tips everyone
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:51 AM

scorpio102558:
    I just posted here to say how much I have enjoyed playing WGT golf. Like the real game, I find it lots of fun and very frustrating. Just like with my real game, my putting here sucks. I wish there was a spot we could practice. I was a little surprised how fast I have moved to the pro ranking. I've only been on here for less then a week and I feel I'm not that good.

The most important thing you can do to improve your game is play every round through to the end. Too many quit after a bad shot and never learn how to scramble for a par or even a bogey. They have low averages but can't really play the game.

Playing through a tough round will give you the experience to not just avoid a bad situation, but to be able to recover and post a good score. I can recover from the mulch, the deep rough, and even the fescue, but only because I struggled through a few double and even triple bogeys to figure out how to get out.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:15 AM

AlaCowboy:

[The most important thing you can do to improve your game is play every round through to the end. Too many quit after a bad shot and never learn how to scramble for a par or even a bogey. They have low averages but can't really play the game.

Playing through a tough round will give you the experience to not just avoid a bad situation, but to be able to recover and post a good score. I can recover from the mulch, the deep rough, and even the fescue, but only because I struggled through a few double and even triple bogeys to figure out how to get out.

I agree with this whole heartedly, but will admit that I have left a few rounds early, although not something I do very often..

One good argument for staying , occured while playing last night. Was on SA with a couple masters and by the time I reached the Par 5 I was +3. Low and behold I eagled with a 44+ ft putt that put me back in the game. I finished the round at par, but was glad I had finished.

yes the game can be frustrating it times, but in the long run, I don't think it's any worse than the real thing.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 2:08 PM

Hi Scorpio and welcome to this great simulator. I saw you upgraded most of your equipment except for the balls. To my opinion that's the best thing to do in the Pro tier. Pay cash for the clubs and wait til you get good enough to earn credits in the Ready Go challenge and spend those on new sleeves.

scorpio102558:
    Just like with my real game, my putting here sucks. I wish there was a spot we could practice

Just like Faterson pointed out, Nivlac's Tutorial is a great start. I can testify.

scorpio102558:
    I was a little surprised how fast I have moved to the pro ranking.

That's normal. When registering, they give you a "default" average of 150 (wow!) and your average will take into account the best 10 of your last 14 rounds. You'll find this info in several threads here. I can see you have played 15 rounds so your 150ish scores are long gone!

scorpio102558:
    Like the real game, I find it lots of fun and very frustrating.

Isn't it saying "RELAX on famous courses" on the WGT front page? Just kidding! ;) I think I started to play well when I decided to take it less seriously!

Welcome to the game and have fun. You can throw me an invite if you see me online at night (EST)... I don't quit!

Rob.

RSS