Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has Killed the game

Sat, May 5 2012 12:14 PM (7 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 2:03 AM

Well as far as I am concerned you have got far to greedy and killed the game for me !!!!    What other game penalises you for getting better !!!   As a Tour master I am getting penalised for getting 3 unders,  my average goes up.  for a 4 under I get .2 of a point. all you are doing is milking me for more cash.

Your need for greed has done more harm to the game than anything else, you have taken away the enjoyment . If you want to ban me so be it .

Russ

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 2:18 AM

For what it's worth, your average at TM is based on your 40 best rounds and it looks like you just got there playing almost exclusively 9 holes.  I feel the pain of trying to get the average down myself, as I've been hovering at the 65 range for what seems like eons and just today broke the 65 barrier...by .07.

Now that you've hit the 40 round mark, your average shouldn't go up - I shot a 72 today at Congressional and the average never budged.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 5:00 AM

The way the holes are playing lately the chances are slim to none,  Why do I play 9 holes? because I am fed up playing 18  and getting down to 6 under in the last few holes only for the meter or similar to go into overdrive and loose me  2 holes. so end up playing 18 for 4 under and get .05.

WGT are getting new courses out when they should be spending the time getting the old problems sorted first !!!!  Don't keep saying empty Cache and temp files etc, we have been playing long enough to know that it's not the problem. If the courses were consistent then there would be no complaints, if the ball broke the the way the break said I would be happy.

I played 5 games yesterday and could not get more than 4 under, and on each game the course setting was the same 20 MPH HEADWIND. I thought it was Random !!!!!

So played 5  posted 0  4 hours wasted ( if posted my average would have gone up by 1 whole point) don't say it wouldn't because the last 3 scores of 3 under cost me .6. thats why I cherry pick !!!!

Frustrated you bet I am. at least Robin hood was honest about robbing people

• ChipNSink
    427 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 11:16 AM

Do you play Real golf?

Then you know your handicap slows down the lower it gets. Same as here. Why should it be easy to get to Legend? If that is your goal.

Don't waste your cash on the game, if you feel cheated out. Play the game for fun, and forget for a second about the average. Just play for the fun. I bet, when you do that, you game will still improve, and suddenly you will find your scoring dropping again. It happend for me when I moved up to TM.

I couldn't get a decent round score in to lower the last .12 I needed to get my average below 63. So I just played the game for fun. Focused on other things in my game, and then the score started to drop again.

As far as I am concerned, noone forces you to spend cash at Pro Shop. Just chill, hang with friends, play within your CC, make a few rounds solo, forget the average and play this game for fun. It is a game you know. Not a race to become legend. Once yo get there, you really find something to whine about. ;)

If youre just here to get to higher tier, and you get frustrated about lowering scores ... then perhaps the game has peaked for you?

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 11:29 AM

well said chip...my thoughts exactly.  its a game.  u play for fun.......my average has shot up since reaching TM.  it comes down and up again.  a few more rounds and it will not go up anymore.  then the thrill of the chase comes into play again. it gives you a goal.something to aim for. pop a few good rounds ..and down it comes....albeit slowly....as far as spending cash on wgt.....what i spend on a set of new irons or whatever.  doesnt come near to what i would spend on a night out.  so it might cost me a fiver a week to use gally balls.  thats not even 2 pints of beer in my local.  at the end of the day ..its a game.  a challenge.  moreso its fun...so you have a few bad rounds ...thats life. 

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 5:56 AM

How come my scores are going up !!!!!!!!! was 65.25 played 18 hole and got 6 under and my average goes up to 65.27.

Now I am realy Psd off

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 6:54 AM

russellie:

How come my scores are going up !!!!!!!!! was 65.25 played 18 hole and got 6 under and my average goes up to 65.27.

Now I am realy Psd off

6 under on a par 72 course is 66, higher than your 65 average. What course did you play and what was the actual number you shot?

• ChipNSink
    427 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 12:14 PM

russellie:

Now I am realy Psd off

There is still the possibility that 6 under par on a full 18 (66 in total?) - is within the 40 best rounds, and maybe replaced a previous higher scored round you did?

When you tier up, you will gtet a new "fixed" average. Everything below will lower and everything above will heighten average.

I.E: You go a round in 68 - that stands as your worst round for 40 ranked rounds. You go a ton of 67/66/65 and lower your score like that and fill up your 40 ranked rounds with those.

Your worst round is still a 68. You now go a 66 which is not the best round youve made. But still better than the 68, and replacing that score with the new 66.

It is still a worse score for the necessary lowering of averagem but still a better score for your previous worst round (68). And thus - will heighten your average a tad.

I dont know if I made any reason here - someone else have to judge ... but it makes sense for me anyway ;)

RSS