Forums

Help › Forums

Mayweather vs. Cotto....Anyone going to buy the fight?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 4 2012 9:17 PM (3 replies)
  • NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 6:45 PM

Just curious if anyone is going to buy the fight and for what reasons?  Is it because you cannot stand Floyd or is it because you like him?  One thing you cannot argue in my opinion though is that he is a smart promoter.  He knows getting people to truly dislike him will cause many to buy the fight to hope and see him loose.  I just thought this may be an interesting topic to discuss.  Please try and keep it civil regardless of your opinion.  I would really like to see a mature debate or conversation.  Thank you all for your time my friends.

-Nuke

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 7:41 PM

Ill probably go to Wing House or Hooters to watch it free . Of course im not a cheapskate but the last PPV event I bought was the Tyson Holyfield fiasco. Never again will I pay for a Boxing match. UFC rulezzzzzzz!

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 8:16 PM

Last couple I bought were really good.  Wait, not true.  The Pavlik vs Tylor rematch was good.  Not as good as their first but the first was not a ppv.  Of course I was a huge Pavlik fan because of HBO's 24/7 program.  I watched the 24/7 on those two fighters prior to their first fight.  That is why I made sure to catch the first one.  Then I was hooked and had to buy the second when it was PPV.  The last one I think I paid for was Mayweather vs Cotto the first version.....I wanted Cotto to win badly so I was not happy about paying for it after it was over.  And in my opinion, Mayweather's fight style often times makes for an unexciting fight.  Regardless who he is fighting.  Again, just MHO.   I tell ya what though.  I would definitely pay to see a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight.  Of course Mayweather has no reason to fight Pacquiao other than to achieve the title of undoubted pound for pound best fighter at the risk of being humbled if he looses and giving up an undefeated career. Money is not an issue.  Floyd is going to make a minimum of 32mill for fighting Cotto who is an 8 to 1 underdog.  That alone shows how good of a promoter Floyd and his camp are.  Anyway, just my two cents.  hehe

-Nuke

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 9:17 PM

I'm not going to buy the fight, but I do like Floyd Mayweather Jr. I'd seen his dad fight years before and I like him too.

In 1996, when jr. was in the Olympics, I thought of him like I felt about Ken Griffey Jr. I thought he was destined to be champion, and so did everyone else.

At the time, he was kind of a happy kid. When he got shafted in the Olympics by one of the most absurdly fixed decisions in boxing history (the ref was surprised and raised Mayweather's hand prematurely), he started to become the bad guy.

I still think of him as a kid. To me, he's still this guy who will one day be champion, even though he already is.Maybe he cultivated himself as a jerk, but he never sold me on it.

Watching him fight, if you like the technical aspects of boxing, is pure poetry. The guy's game is flawless. I always like watching that.

RSS