Forums

Help › Forums

shooting 52s

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 17 2012 4:20 PM (27 replies)
  • iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 6:17 PM

It's still ridiculous whether they're just smoking or they're cheating. It does not matter. It turns the game into a joke, no matter what.So the answer here is to have 2 sites( this'll be good for WGT) One for the people who shoot regular type scores and one for those who post unrealistic type scores. Neither are allowed on the others courses. period, if caught, then banishment is permenant. Thus you kill the sandbagger along with giving the mediocre players something to brag about. Otherwise we are going to have more posts such as this one. I don't know about cheating, but something stinks here and it should be addressed by WGT. You don't like it leave it, as the old saying goes.But once I invest in something( and ,yes I have invested cash into this nonsense) I usually don't just walk away from it. But these scores are ridiculous, they're just not cheating, they're good. But, that doesn't stop the scores from being ridiculous. Kind of spits in the face of the GAME.

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 7:00 PM

I beg to differ DAZZA501. I have been here over 3 years with over 2500 rounds and hours and hours of practice on the green...my wife is ready to divorce me.  I have been studying almost every possible put on these greens...not one putt seems consistent...no matter how many times I let it roll...I even don't even move the aim and see how much break there is on a particular putt...sometimes it seems to break less than if I aim it. So, I don't want to hear how much you need to practice. I am a legend with a 57.8 average...1.49 putting average which has improved tremendously over the past year...I just don't understand how some of the same players can one putt almost all the time...just doesn't seem possible. Maybe they have some kind of canny sense of the puts that particular day...but everyday is different.  So, I can see how some people assume others are cheating. I have put many many many many many hours into this game. It is just too inconsistent for one player to achieve the ultimate   prize over and over and over again.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 7:05 PM

iukine:
    So the answer here is to have 2 sites( this'll be good for WGT) One for the people who shoot regular type scores and one for those who post unrealistic type scores. Neither are allowed on the others courses. period, if caught, then banishment is permenant.

What's your criteria for "regular" scores?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 7:11 PM

Heath021:
    I just don't understand how some of the same players can one putt almost all the time...just doesn't seem possible.

They don't Heath, I am sure you know that.

I/e, (no disrepect intended to those who do put the videos on youtube), do you think they would post the round on YouTube that they withdrew from?  

Just like anyone's average is about the best they can do, so are the youtube vid's.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 7:52 PM

A 52 is not hard when you are some of the best players in the game. There are six HD stroke play courses. You play them all for 2+ years, and this game shouldn't become that hard. Just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean they can't. Kobe and LeBron are way better than any other basketball player. They consistently score 20+ points a game. Some players average less than 5 points a game. Kobe and LeBron don't cheat. They're good. NOW I hope I don't come across anymore of these complaints. If you don't like it, quit. Easy as 1..2..3.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 9:07 PM

Restart, or end round and start again. Over and over again. Not even the best players can shoot a 27, on 9 holes, in high winds, and on the fly. Maybe on the second try. : )

Putting in this game is still the same for all players.

Clear your cache and I'm sure you do, but by doing so, your clubs precision will return.

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 3:25 AM

Putting is the game ..Make sure your balls go near the hole..

Tis a bit thrilling when your close..

PS, hope we are thinking the same game..

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 3:29 AM

DAZZA501:
    and then in 2 or 3 years you might be able to shoot 52. After all that's how long the guys that shoot these low scores have been here.

Is it?  Look again!

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 7:38 AM

Heath021:

I beg to differ DAZZA501. I have been here over 3 years with over 2500 rounds and hours and hours of practice on the green...my wife is ready to divorce me.  I have been studying almost every possible put on these greens...not one putt seems consistent...no matter how many times I let it roll...I even don't even move the aim and see how much break there is on a particular putt...sometimes it seems to break less than if I aim it. So, I don't want to hear how much you need to practice. I am a legend with a 57.8 average...1.49 putting average which has improved tremendously over the past year...I just don't understand how some of the same players can one putt almost all the time...just doesn't seem possible. Maybe they have some kind of canny sense of the puts that particular day...but everyday is different.  So, I can see how some people assume others are cheating. I have put many many many many many hours into this game. It is just too inconsistent for one player to achieve the ultimate   prize over and over and over again.

With all due respect Heath, what is your point? 

• sallu4u
    87 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 9:29 AM

Buggyyy:

A 52 is not hard when you are some of the best players in the game. There are six HD stroke play courses. You play them all for 2+ years, and this game shouldn't become that hard. Just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean they can't. Kobe and LeBron are way better than any other basketball player. They consistently score 20+ points a game. Some players average less than 5 points a game. Kobe and LeBron don't cheat. They're good. NOW I hope I don't come across anymore of these complaints. If you don't like it, quit. Easy as 1..2..3.

I have read so many saying that people shoot in the low 50s because they are playing for years here on WGT.

I see that you joined 4 MONTHS AGO and already you have 28 on 9 holes and a 55 on 18 holes.So you are the biggest contradiction to this kind of argument.No wonder even a 52 is not hard for you.

RSS