shooting 52s

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 17 2012 4:20 PM (27 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 10:04 AM

MioKontic:

DAZZA501:
    and then in 2 or 3 years you might be able to shoot 52. After all that's how long the guys that shoot these low scores have been here.

Is it?  Look again!

If they haven't been here for that long then they certainly have the ranked rounds under their belt.

Go to any of the top clubs on the community page, sort them in order of best round played. You'll see that most of the players with a 52 or better as their best round have played over 3000 ranked rounds (with exception to the likes of RUNWME but the guy sit's and grinds out a score for 33hours. Respect!) 

Every time i see 1 of these post complaining about the scores it's from someone who's been here 5mins or only has a couple of hundred ranked rounds to their name. If you can't shoot these sorts of rounds then either go and find something else to do or just except that you're just not good enough and quit complaining.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 10:27 AM

DAZZA501:
    Every time i see 1 of these post complaining about the scores it's from someone who's been here 5mins or only has a couple of hundred ranked rounds to their name.

Agreed. Or they catch a deviation on one shot and cry foul.

WGT should should remind the new comers that these things will happen and a lot of these frivolous complaints we read in the forums would perhaps cease.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 10:38 AM

Richard4168:

Or they catch a deviation on one shot and cry foul.

WGT should should remind the new comers that these things will happen and a lot of these frivolous complaints we read in the forums would perhaps cease.

Very true. I get it all the time. I used to curse and swear, i even threw my mouse at the screen and broke it once. Won't do it again tho :)

The top players soak it up and work out the best way of getting par and move on.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 1:23 PM

Well it aint the same for anyone, But Maybe somewhere around what the pros shoot in real life, I think that kind of follows what WGT calls the site "the most realistic golf game on the web"! Wouldn't you say? Underline realistic, that's what originally sold me on this site. Realism! By the way? What's your criteria for regular scores?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 3:15 PM

iukine:
    What's your criteria for regular scores?

I'll give you numbers as it pertains to me on 9 holes...

Excellent is 27

Very good sub 30

Good 31-32

upset is 33+

Of course wind conditions play a part...i/e front 9 SA RG in low winds, a 30 isn't "very good" anymore, but becomes "excellent" (for me) in high winds.

Keep in mind 99.9% of my stroke play is RG's or CC tourney's.

So in my opinion, based on how I play said tourney's, I'd say my "good" would be my "regular".

That's just SA though.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 3:18 PM

sallu4u:
    I see that you joined 4 MONTHS AGO and already you have 28 on 9 holes and a 55 on 18 holes.So you are the biggest contradiction to this kind of argument.No wonder even a 52 is not hard for you.

Did you happen to notice (besides the score) where buggy shot his mid 50 rounds?

He was able to go back and play driver/wedge on many holes (besides some par 4's being drivable) and have mid iron 2nd shots into par 5's.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 4:04 PM

MBaggese:
    upset is 33+

No wonder I'm always PO'd!!  :-D

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 4:20 PM

YankeeJim:

MBaggese:
    upset is 33+