Help › Forums

FOR ALL QUITERS

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 14 2012 2:07 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 1hungweylo
    8 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 12:37 AM

1st of all it suks if u quit but if you must then dont do it when its your turn . the game freezes and the rest of us cant continue wait till its not your shot then quit if you must!

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 9:56 AM

you can quit at anytime via the main menu and is does not freeze the game. 

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 4:58 PM

1hungweylo:
    wait till its not your shot then quit if you must!

Is this the same advice you would give to those who suddenly had their internet drop out or the PC crash or their child fell over cut their head open?

• thepack52
    226 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 9:17 PM

i agree. there are too many quitters on here that disconnect if they are having a bad hole. some of us like to play even though we are having a bad day, thats golf

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 10:02 PM

thepack52:

i agree. there are too many quitters on here that disconnect if they are having a bad hole. some of us like to play even though we are having a bad day, thats golf

If I did that I would never get past the first hole on any course ,anyday :) 

• cadwallater
    24 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 12:00 AM

I forfeit a game sometimes when the computer is screwing up every other shot, and that happens with frustrating regularity.    Unless the basic laws of physics have changed there is no way that those shots end up where they do.    A left to right wind of 8mph won't push a shot forty yards off its intended flight, but a computer will.   Sometimes it almost seems intentional, even malicious.   The line that guides the shot, when you're making club selection and trying to judge wind drift is not accurate at all.    My shots drift way too far off that line, left or right, and you can never guess which.    I really enjoy this game, consider it the best on line Golf game out there, but damned I get frustrated sometimes when I'm battling Congressional, which has enough natural challenges, without having to worry about a capricious computer deciding to dump my second shot in a bunker or the deep rough.   hate to complain.... but damn. 

• shamilitaktak
    35 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 1:08 AM

The best way to avoid the annoyance of quitters is to join a reputable country club where members agree to finish games even when they are having a bad round, they will quickly be weeded out if they continue to do so within the rules of the club. An excellent club following this example is EAGLE CLUB GOLF ASSOCIATION where members respect each other and bad eggs are warned and then booted if they continue bad practice

• jmaul99
    5 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 7:32 AM

I agree you should not quit just because your playing bad.  If you must quit for reasons beyond your control try to warn the people your playing with.  Sometimes internet issues do prevent this from being done.

• veximus
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 9:39 AM

i agree 1000% ...the quitters should  forgo a penalty like banned for month ..and if they do it again be suspended indefinitely ...only my opinion !

vex

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 10:55 AM

I don't agree with quiting either unless it's an emergency, but do you really think the one's that do quit care about your rules of how to do it?

• PAGES
RSS