Forums

Help › Forums

Nike 20XI-X (48+) vs. Callaway Tour i(z) (L45+/Legend+)

Fri, Jul 6 2012 12:56 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 6:20 PM

Hello WGT, I'm in need of some useful feedback and opinions. I currently use the Nike 20XI-X (48+) balls. I have heard in the past that these balls are inconsistent with distances, and I'm finally getting to understand that now. Are the Callaway Tour i(z) (L45+/Legend+) balls consistent? Is the decreased feel worth it? Any opinions are accepted. I just want to make sure I'm using credits on something that's useful, for I don't have that many. HEHE!

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 7:01 PM

..........all I can tell you about the Nike's are the more spin u put on them the distance will go down.....if ya don't use any spin they go farther than normal.......they are great balls it's just ya have to get use to how much spin to use

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 7:17 PM

Thanks TNP!

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 7:22 PM

The most constant balls ive played were the lvl35z callaway balls.  The nike lvl71 will do things they wont, im actually going to try the lower level distance nikes  to see if good compromise.

Any others thoughts on that?

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 7:32 PM

I noticed nothing major between the two Nike balls except for a 1 yard of distance loss. That's about it though. The only thing I'm worried about is if I switch to Cally's, will the meter become way too fast? Thanks Don for your input.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 7:53 PM

I think it has everything to do with what ball your comfortable with. I have used them all & believe it not some of my best scores have come from WGT  G13D s. Meter speed is the same as Callaways & that's where it stops  & I mean stops, yet??  Go figure  cause I can't.

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 8:39 PM

Someone yesrtaerday was askin for where to see reviews of equipment and YJ linked to a chart guide that had specs for everything, but unfortunately it didn't include the latest Nikes and whatever came out last month.

But a while ago I was given the Legend + level 55 Callaways and thought they were stupendous. Now I am gonna try the Legend 45 Callaway 'z's as they have a 9 for distance.

Don't need spin anymore with these R11's.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 8:54 PM

I cant comment on the legend balls, but i find while the meter is a bit faster for the cally balls, it's smother, the nike meter is slower,but jumps and skips more for me. IMHO

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 9:06 PM

Steve2golf:

I cant comment on the legend balls, but i find while the meter is a bit faster for the cally balls, it's smother, the nike meter is slower,but jumps and skips more for me. IMHO

That seems like a valid point, because I've been getting tons of jumps and skips with these Nikes.

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:27 AM

yeah, when you hitting 330 and the Nike goes 345 who cares.

callaways for me.

• PAGES
RSS