Forums

Help › Forums

Nike 20XI-X (48+) vs. Callaway Tour i(z) (L45+/Legend+)

Fri, Jul 6 2012 12:56 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Spammage
    694 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:20 AM

I personally use the level 48 Nikes.  I was getting inconsistent distances with the level 71 Nikes and I don't have that issue with the level 48 balls.  The Cally's are good balls but the additional meter speed is really quick with the R11 irons.  It is manageable with the driver/3-wood and wedges - but the irons just felt too quick for me.

• rdb3
    202 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:44 AM

I agree with you Spammage.  I like the Cally's; however, I had to get use to the speed of the meter with my R11 irons.  I hope the Rangers come out of their mini slump.  I am finally getting use to them winning.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 12:56 PM

Spammage:

I personally use the level 48 Nikes.  I was getting inconsistent distances with the level 71 Nikes and I don't have that issue with the level 48 balls.  The Cally's are good balls but the additional meter speed is really quick with the R11 irons.  It is manageable with the driver/3-wood and wedges - but the irons just felt too quick for me.

I started using the Level 48 Nike distance ball because I couldn't justify paying 50 credits extra to get just 1/2 dot extra distance and 1/2 dot extra spin. True the Callaway legend tour-I z ball is 75 credits cheaper but as the Nike lasts longer and gives a slower meter I feel the extra expense is worth it. When you are 3 days older than dirt like me(66 really) you need as slow a meter that you can get with the R11 irons. 

• PAGES
RSS