Help › Forums

Multiplayer: Taking Forever To Take Your Shot

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 16 2012 7:00 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 11:22 AM

I will definitely start setting the clock to 60 seconds and doing a filter when playing multi-player joins.

I have absolutely no idea how it takes some people over a minute to a minute and a half to take a shot.

Look at distance, add/subtract elevation and wind, choose your club, maybe zoom in, move your cursor, sometimes set spin. Hit the ball. All this takes about 30 seconds. Sometimes things can get tricky and it can take 60 seconds but taking 75-85 seconds every shot is rediculous.

A lot of time I look at the distance left to the hole after my partner hits his ball and add/ subtract wind. All I have left is to adjust elevation and I'm ready to go.

Sorry for the rant. Won't mean much, but wanted to get that off my chest.

• JTeezer1
    14 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 12:33 PM

I always prep my shot while opponent is sizing up his shot. Other then the occasional beer run or beer drain. If your gonna play a multiplayer game focus on the game and practice setting up your shot. I set up my formulas in a spreadsheet calculator adjusting for wind, and my formulas for putting speed and elevation change.                                 jtee1@msn.com if interested, makes it easier and quicker

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 12:54 PM

Maybe your opponant needs time to allow for a crud meter,maybe your opponant like to take his/her time over a putt, my meter has been awfull tonight ,had to let it run through 3/4 times, this takes time.As those who have played me my shot is usually played within 15 seconds,(this is why im average)sometimes just not possible. But  its your perogative , thats why the option is there.No need to start moaning about slower players though is there ?

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 7:50 PM

Its golf...........its supposed to be slow. But thank god we have a timer at all because then it would be like playing a real round in real life or worst :) 

Grip it n rip it..........

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 9:00 PM

Suggest you play a 45 second clock.  I you sign up for something that you don't like, you have absolutly no complaint coming.  My Nickle. (Former Buckeye from Cols, Hilltop.)

Buckeye8084:

I will definitely start setting the clock to 60 seconds and doing a filter when playing multi-player joins.

I have absolutely no idea how it takes some people over a minute to a minute and a half to take a shot.

Look at distance, add/subtract elevation and wind, choose your club, maybe zoom in, move your cursor, sometimes set spin. Hit the ball. All this takes about 30 seconds. Sometimes things can get tricky and it can take 60 seconds but taking 75-85 seconds every shot is rediculous.

A lot of time I look at the distance left to the hole after my partner hits his ball and add/ subtract wind. All I have left is to adjust elevation and I'm ready to go.

Sorry for the rant. Won't mean much, but wanted to get that off my chest.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 9:39 PM

Amen i agree with u 100%

james

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 9:57 PM

I used to "grip and rip" as mentioned above, but saw a post by one of the better players here awhile back, that he sometimes take up to two minutes to make a putt.

His stats bare it out, putting avg is like 1.25? or some crazy number per hole.

Sure, some may be trying to get into your head, but some may also be trying to make every shot the best it can be.

Yes, I play Golf in real life, and I always want the next shot better then the previous one.

Just relax, what's the rush?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 10:21 PM

MBaggese:
    Just relax, what's the rush?

Exactly.

When I play i have phone calls coming in, real life situations around me, gripping TV, bourbon refill, bourbon leak..  90secs is ample time for these things.

Load up shorter timers, and you can speed golf all you like.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 1:36 AM

From Tee to Green, for me to take a shot is not that long. On the green though it will take me a whole lot longer.

90sec timer is relaxing, 60sec timer is good..... anything less than that is way too quick.

Was playing a game earlier with 3 others on a 30sec timer and was busting to go find a tree. That is way too quick, blink and it's your shot type of thing...lol.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 2:07 AM

mantis0014:
    Was playing a game earlier with 3 others on a 30sec timer and was busting to go find a tree. That is way too quick, blink and it's your shot type of thing...lol.

I here ya, at my age, I need a step out the door here and there;)

• PAGES
RSS