Forums

Help › Forums

7th hole-st andrews

Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:41 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • vcoach
    18 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 10:07 AM

still have the 225 yd driver. it is impossible to play this hole. NEVER with the wind, so cannot get to the fairway, always playing from fescue which is a sure double bogey or worse. any suggestions??

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 2:44 PM

add a little loft to the tee shot (backspin) . But yes you gonna have to full strength and ding it out there.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 2:49 PM

Hit to the fairway to the left. Be careful, you can go long and OB over there but you will have a decent iron shot to the green.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 8:28 PM

vcoach:
    any suggestions??

Lose the EZ Swing driver. Never-ever put an EZ Swing club in your inventory much less your bag. They are worse than useless. 

If you can find/purchase a few credits, upgrade. You've made it pretty far with minimal equipment. Way to go.

• helen1972
    347 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 9:00 PM

vcoach:

still have the 225 yd driver. it is impossible to play this hole. NEVER with the wind, so cannot get to the fairway, always playing from fescue which is a sure double bogey or worse. any suggestions??

Very easy,

Buy some decent clubs !

Helen.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 9:07 PM

helen1972:

vcoach:

Very easy,

Buy some decent clubs !

Helen.

I don't think that's an option for everyone. Besides the default equipment should work . It worked for me anyway.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 2:37 AM

helen1972:

Very easy,

Buy some decent clubs !

Helen.

I second that, though selecting off the SWING starter driver may help, too.

A budget solution for a player at level 53 will be a 3WD. As a Pro I replaced the driver by a lvl 47 Rapture 3WD (230 yds(*), 385 cr). It's by far better (**) than the Starter Driver and provides for a terrific second shot from the fairway.

(*) 300 yds w/strong back wind, longest drive 330 yds

(**) more length, height, precision, forgiveness...

And while we're at it, VC: Consider one or two custom wedges. Z Satin or Tour W w/ 60° and/or 64° loft help in short play.

• vcoach
    18 Posts
    Tue, May 29 2012 3:24 PM

alosso:

helen1972:

Very easy,

Buy some decent clubs !

Helen.

I second that, though selecting off the SWING starter driver may help, too.

A budget solution for a player at level 53 will be a 3WD. As a Pro I replaced the driver by a lvl 47 Rapture 3WD (230 yds(*), 385 cr). It's by far better (**) than the Starter Driver and provides for a terrific second shot from the fairway.

(*) 300 yds w/strong back wind, longest drive 330 yds

(*) more length, height, precision, forgiveness...

And while we're at it, VC: Consider one or two custom wedges. Z Satin or Tour W w/ 60° and/or 64° loft help in short play.

tks for advice. got the 47 you suggested and a better putter and am now getting below par on occasion, including a 68 at kiawah just now.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 12:01 AM

vcoach:

tks for advice. got the 47 you suggested and a better putter and am now getting below par on occasion, including a 68 at kiawah just now.

*smiles*

I replaced the G20 3WD with the Rapture (230 yds) recently, losing 10 yds in paper length. I'm still very impressed about this club. Slooow meter, unmatched forgiveness, and it definitely shoots longer than it should. Managed to hit it pin-high @CCC from 265 yds against a small wind and uphill!

(*sighes*, dreaming of the good old times on Pro tees...)

Unfortunately, you chose the Spider putter instead of the wedges. The Starter putter is not a bad club IMHO. Therefore I'm sorry to say that the Spider will not make up for the two weak WGT wedges you kept in your bag. I strongly recommend that you invest your next available credits there. You'll gain a big improvement in your short game from 5 to 77 yds.

• vcoach
    18 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 4:50 AM

alosso:

vcoach:

*smiles*

I replaced the G20 3WD with the Rapture (230 yds) recently, losing 10 yds in paper length. I'm still very impressed about this club. Slooow meter, unmatched forgiveness, and it definately shoots longer than it should. Managed to hit it pin-high @CCC from 265 yds against a small wind and uphill!

(*sighes*, dreaming of the good old times on Pro tees...)

Unfortunately, you chose the Spider putter instead of the wedges. The Starter putter is not a bad club IMHO. Therefore I'm sorry to say that the Spider will not make up for the two weak WGT wedges you kept in your bag. I strongly recommend that you invest your next available credits there. You'll gain a big improvement in your short game from 5 to 77 yds.

wedges are next on my list. my putting was bad, especially when i got the 150 mark, so i needed a lot of help there. any suggestions on wedges, with lower credits. i have 211 credits

• PAGES
RSS