Forums

Help › Forums

Posting screen shot...(leader boards, score cards, etc)

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 21 2012 9:07 AM (8 replies)
  • NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 4:49 PM

This is something I did for my CC members and thought I would share it here as well.  It is not that great and I am sure there are better tuts out there.  If this helps just one person then that is great.

Here is a video I did to demonstrate how to take screen shots and post them in the forums.  This can be used to post scorecards or leaderboards or anything you want to take a picture of.

Here is the link to the youtube page for bigger viewing.

-Nuke

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 12:30 AM

www.vvcap.net

and you don't have to watch a 17 minute tutorial... xD

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 2:09 AM

Windows 7 snipping tool

No tutorial, no software download... :o)

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:01 AM

This video was intended for those that have absolutely or near no computer savvy.  Too many people assume that others know what they know.  I Try to help those that still do not quite get it and these are the responses that are given. And not everyone has windows 7 for use of the snipping tool.  Incredible. I have no problems with responses on how to get the same information quicker but I do with those that are intended to knock on the help that is provided.  It really amazes me how people respond to others just trying to help.

-Nuke

alosso:
    no software download... :o)

BTW, I believe you still need a place on the web to store your image.  I could be wrong.  I do not remember saying anything about a software download just that you need photobucket or some web service to store your image.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:27 AM

Any tips on shooting a 61 in the Pro monthly tournament?

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:33 AM

Yeah, stay away from bogeys the best you can.  hehe.  Actually, the big thing that helps me a lot are notes.  Notes, notes and more notes.  Once I learn more I will not need them as much but I usually write down a note for each shot that is new to me.  That sort of thing.  Ohh, and fairways, I stay in them best I can.  Think there were a couple others that shot that as well in that tourney last I checked.  They may have better answers for ya.

-Nuke

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:37 AM

NukeRat:

Try to help those that still do not quite get it and these are the responses that are given.  And not everyone has windows 7 for use of the snipping tool.  Incredible.  It would be one thing to say you can also go here or there for a quicker way of learning or what not. Of course that would be the polite way of doing it.  It really amazes me how people respond to others just trying to help.

I didn't mean to be derogatory with regard to your post. I'm sorry if it appeared to you that way.

Why not take my post as an additional tip? I've had Win 7 long enough without knowing this tool.

NukeRat:

alosso:
    no software download... :o)

BTW, I believe you still need a place on the web to store your image.  I could be wrong.  I do not remember saying anything about a software download just that you need photobucket or some web service to store your image.

I found it, thanks to your advice. The snipping tool was the part I missed more to save screenshots as files.

From the Haribo thread:

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:40 AM

Sorry alosso.  I just woke up cranky was all.  Please, if you have something to offer that is great.  The snipping tool is great if you have windows 7 and It is fairly new to me as well.  Please, add if you would like and thank you for pointing that out.  Again, sorry for the frustration my friend.  Great tip.

-Nuke

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 9:07 AM

No probs mate. no offence taken.

Peace on Earth!

RSS