Forums

Help › Forums

Newbie with a couple of questions..

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 22 2012 7:11 PM (7 replies)
  • pukiebear
    72 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 11:28 PM

Is there a driving range and/or putting green that I can practice on?  If so, how so I access it?  

Also, what level do I need to be to unlock more courses?  I am a L31 now.  Thanks

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 11:35 PM

No, there isn't, and it's not likely to happen either.

If you want to practice, select stroke play, practice, a course and go mad. Practice rounds have no effect on you average so you can try different things, and play up to 10 shots a hole.

Courses are not locked by your level, they are all open, though some courses are only open to blitz etc, and not stroke play, and a couple you have to pay to play.

Have fun

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 12:01 AM

FIiii

pukiebear:

Is there a driving range and/or putting green that I can practice on?  If so, how so I access it?  

Also, what level do I need to be to unlock more courses?  I am a L31 now.  Thanks

If you want to practice, just play every course as often as you can. A driving range or putting green would never help you. Here, you learn the great meany shots required to build a great game. Practice everywhere and be creative.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 12:13 AM

SweetiePie:
    A driving range or putting green would never help you.

SweetiePie:
    Practice everywhere and be creative.

Excellent advice.

• pukiebear
    72 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 12:22 AM

My biggest problem right now seems to be stopping the swing meter in the 'right' place.  If I could just practice my swing, it would definitely help.  Thanks for the great advice all.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 12:49 AM

The training of "hitting the ding" needs no driving range - you do it at each stroke.

I hit it best when I'm relaxed and in a certain rhythm.

Two related tips:

- balls with "feel" slow down the meter.

- the meter is slower from low percentages. Therefore it may help your putts to select a larger scale. (not with other strokes, they act nonlinear when choked too far).

If you are stressed by the official character of ranked rounds feel free to select practice rounds. One incentive there is the choice of "random 3 holes" on many courses. This is short, it's inofficial, yet you get XPs (30 for completion + the strokes).

In any mode, play of each hole is limited to 6 over Par. You may play back and forth or use the fairway as a driving range, chosing any club&stroke that you wanna practice.

• pukiebear
    72 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 5:49 AM

Thanks for the great tips, Alosso.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 7:11 PM

Some premium clubs have slower actual speeds than advertised. G20's come to mind as well as the Method putter. I use both for that very reason. Slower is easier to ding. Now if they'd make a slower metered set of wedges. Hint. Hint. WGT. 

RSS