Forums

Help › Forums

Forgive Me if this has been discussed i haven't found it if so (practice green)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:04 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Drmasterlv28
    11 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 6:51 PM

I Have been playing for a while now and I personally think my game could stand a practice green, or Maybe a full blitz with nothing but putts? just something so i could improve just that aspect at one time. Any Ideas if they have brought this up?

Thx,

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 9:18 PM

No such thing.

The best thing for you would be to go to a practice game and just hit the ball around the green until you hit the 10 shot limit. Putt toward the hole with the intention of barely missing on purpose, then putt away from the hole, rinse and repeat. Hope that helps.

Good luck!

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 10:08 PM

Would be hard to duplicate practice shots that way :(

Maybe in the future tho U never know.

Grip it n rip it.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2012 10:27 PM

Actually  I have asked that same question. Truth is when you get more game time it will all work out

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 7:57 PM

It's been asked for for at least 3-4 years. Doubt it's gonna happen. I disagree however that putting that way won't help. I practice my short game and my putting in that exact manner when needed.

just my .02

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 8:04 PM

Hewsey:

Actually  I have asked that same question. Truth is when you get more game time it will all work out

i agree  ,    just keep at it   it will work out

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 9:16 PM

You hit the nail on the head Inky. Putts do not take hits off of your ball, thus the reason I said what I said.

When I say barely miss a putt, what I do is imagine for instance that the cup is one cup left or right of the hole. I putt to make that and watch it roll. The other thing about this is, certain greens don't read correctly (as I'm sure you already know). This will give the user a better idea of how to play particular lies on the greens.

It may sound silly but it's worked for me. (not that I'm good by any means)

You can also pick certain "marks" on some greens, a mower mark or something similar.

I don't think you were rude at all by the way. No worries :)

Good luck!

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 9:19 PM

I still think they should make just 1 ball to level out playing field. Now optional clubs is another thing. I love the fact that we have choices. Its kind of like the Yankees tho..Big Payroll means lots of wins. But then there is alway the underdog underpaid .....

I will never pay for any balls to play this game .At least not with real money. It takes me a long time but I will sit n watch endless ads and do free offers and do surveys to make believe that those are my sponsors.

I can get enough credits in a week to supply myself with cheap balls to play for a month.

Thanks god for those offers and ads otherwise I would not play at all.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 8:03 PM

pjctas0822:
    Its kind of like the Yankees tho..Big Payroll means lots of wins.

As of right now, the Yankees are one game out of last place in the AL East. Just saying'.

• PAGES
RSS