Forums

Help › Forums

Forgive Me if this has been discussed i haven't found it if so (practice green)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:04 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 7:04 AM

GlassMan27:

pjctas0822:
    Its kind of like the Yankees tho..Big Payroll means lots of wins.

As of right now, the Yankees are one game out of last place in the AL East. Just saying'.

Dont go there Glass.I would then have to school you on history.....Just Saying.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 9:45 AM

pjctas0822:

GlassMan27:

pjctas0822:
    Its kind of like the Yankees tho..Big Payroll means lots of wins.

As of right now, the Yankees are one game out of last place in the AL East. Just saying'.

Dont go there Glass.I would then have to school you on history.....Just Saying.

I'm well aware of history. But, we live in a 'what have you done for me lately' society. And as much as I hate to say it, the Yankees will most likely end up in the playoffs again this year. Not very often I get to use 'Yankees' and 'last place' in the same sentence, had to take advantage of it while I could. Now if only my Twins could get something going...

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 10:47 AM

GlassMan27:

I'm well aware of history. But, we live in a 'what have you done for me lately' society. And as much as I hate to say it, the Yankees will most likely end up in the playoffs again this year. Not very often I get to use 'Yankees' and 'last place' in the same sentence, had to take advantage of it while I could. Now if only my Twins could get something going...

I hear ya I like the Twins ...But sad to say they just dont have the money. Unfortunately , Baseball needs to put a cap on things and level out the playing fields a little more.

• multiaccounter
    12 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 11:04 AM

Drmasterlv28:

I Have been playing for a while now and I personally think my game could stand a practice green, or Maybe a full blitz with nothing but putts? just something so i could improve just that aspect at one time. Any Ideas if they have brought this up?

Thx,

wow. practice green.  what an innovative idea.  wish ida thought of it

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 11:08 AM

How did this turn into a  baseball thread? But to  answer the OP, a practice green might have some value, but in game play all the courses have different green characteristics. So if you practice on the specific greens that are giving you trouble, and practice in the manner suggested here, you will see more of a benefit, IMHO.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 5:38 PM

Hey there,

ive got to add that since playing this game i didnt think the need for practice green/fairway would be of any use, but then thats just me.

now i think that  a practice green/fairway would be of benefit to players as it would allow folk to dial in there clubs without the need to do the nippy part of select a hole to play and bash the ball about untill 10 shot limit has been reached.

Seems easy to do so why not?

it would help all who purchase new clubs if they could hit a ball 10/20 times and see what effexc different wind/spin has on a ball  instead of bashing about until shot limit hads been reached.

In real golf proffesionalls have the benefit of a practice range to hone there shots so why not us?

As stated b4 i didnt see the benifit of this untill i really though about it so why not?

regards

ladzrls

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 6:17 PM

sixkiller:

How did this turn into a  baseball thread? But to  answer the OP, a practice green might have some value, but in game play all the courses have different green characteristics. So if you practice on the specific greens that are giving you trouble, and practice in the manner suggested here, you will see more of a benefit, IMHO.

Where does it seem it is a baseball thread? We answered his question first and I used an anology thats just so happened to be about baseball teams. Excuse me for interupting your train of thought.

• Drmasterlv28
    11 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 9:22 PM

Ok, Thx to all for the advice and opinions.

I just seem to hear a thumbs up from more than a thumbs down and as i said didn't wanna beat a dead horse.

The part about charging ball strokes on a putting green is an interesting concept I hadn't thought about, maybe we can constructively start adding ideas about what would make it beneficial for players and wgt both?

Thx and gotta say i haven't been here long but am very impressed with the game overall

• Drmasterlv28
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:04 PM

Bump for ideas?

• PAGES
RSS