Forums

Help › Forums

*** EURO 2012 PREDICTOR ***

Tue, Jul 3 2012 4:07 PM (1,065 replies)
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 3:31 PM

Very sorry to hear about your wife Johnny :( hoping for a speedy recovery and pass on my best wishes to your mrs.Of course no-one expects you to carry on the competition under the circumstances m8.

Russell

• williamricker
    3,222 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 3:39 PM

WigerToods2010:

Posted this earlier today re matchday 6 fixtures.

About an hour after me doing so my wife was rushed to hospital having suffered a heart attack.

To this end I can't see how it is possible for me to continue with the competition.

One of three possible outcomes could be the following:

1) The prizes are paid out as the table stood at the end of matchday 5

• 1st place : Bighittingbill
    • 2nd/3rd places -  shared equally between Brysoni23 & Tiaz79

2) The sponsors are reimbursed their donated credits via the pro shop

3) Someone else takes over the running of the event - all latest stats/standings are on this forum.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to entrants, but there is no way I can commit the required time to gathering the data each day and reproducing the latest tables over a  24 hr period at the moment.

TBH I hesitated to even mention the situation re my wife on a public forum but wanted to make clear the reasons for me no longer running the event.

Whatever is decided is fine by me.

John.

*btw I'll still be around (keeps me sane) - just can't guarantee to be online when I need to be each day to gather stats  etc.

Hope all is well Old Friend!

Prayers sent your way M8

• TamMcBam
    50 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 3:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your good ladies health , Hope the docs can make her feel better soon with a fast recovery.

All the best m8

Tam

• paudieharrington
    83 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 4:10 PM

Very sorry to hear thaWishing your wife a speedy recovery, , im easy with wahtever everyone wants to do with the tournament, You done a unbelievable job running the tournament,thank you.

• lucbd
    278 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 5:05 PM

Feeling bad for you Johnny 

Best wishes for a prompt recovery.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 6:25 PM

Family comes first John and everybody understands that you can't continue with your fine contribution to the "WORLD SERIES EURO 2012 PREDICTOR" 

I hope that your wife makes a speedy recovery and everything gets back to normal in your household soon.

Everybody is rooting for you M8..

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:35 PM

All the very best at this difficult time John.

• greatwhitedale
    306 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:44 PM

HERE ARE MY TIPS     IN CASE SOMEONE IS TAKING OVER THE RUNNING OF THIS EURO COMP.                   **************************************************************                                                                 ITALY       1-1      CROATIA                                                                                                                     SPAIN       3-0     IRELAND.  > ( JOKER )

• GoneToGolf
    91 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 11:00 PM

Crack on me ole mate with the wife ,Family always first sir !

Hope she get well soooooon mate

Frank

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 11:17 PM

Best Wishes to your family mate....

Give the money back to sponsors would be my thoughts.

stu

RSS