Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 10:51 PM

The only club that should be allowed on the green is the putter ,

chipping on the green all the time is cheating .

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:38 AM

canuck4everr:

The only club that should be allowed on the green is the putter ,

chipping on the green all the time is cheating .

Check the rules of golf.

• Koeksuster
    225 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:54 AM

No matter what WGT do there will always be someone that's crying,play the game and enjoy it geez...!

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:05 AM

I think there has been a lot of misunderstanding here.

Firstly, can I just say, using a wedge on the green in not against the rules of golf.

Now, with regards to Icon's comment, all he said was that WGT have removed the spin when using a wedge or any other club on the greens in order to make the game experience more fair and competitive.  All this will mean is that the ball will most likely run out more.  For those who use wedges/irons on greens, all it means is that it will take a fee shots to re-learn what happens... no big deal in my opinion.  Personally, I welcome anything that will make the game more realistic.

And finally, thank you to Icon and WGT for keeping us informed, and long may it continue.  Now, need to go find what the surprise was.

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:23 AM
    I asked the question on the So Whats New? thread, has there always been the Tour Organic avatar's?
  • nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:40 AM

LMAO I Use a wedge on greens an awful lot but with the removal of the spin i would like to thank wgt for making it even an easier shot to play as sometimes the spin made it difficult and held up on the shorter wegde shots ie.... 5-8ft ones now with the little roll it has to the shot it is not a problem & has made it easier for me ..... thank you wgt :))))) 

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:45 AM

You use a wedge for shots of 5-8ft???  Wow!  You really need some putting lessons!

• nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:49 AM

MioKontic:

You use a wedge for shots of 5-8ft???  Wow!  You really need some putting lessons!

they drop so why bother putting :))))))))

if it works it works :))))))) works for me lol 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:51 AM

walterjordan:
    has there always been the Tour Organic avatar's

???

Would be OK to have a West Coast crunchy-chewy avatar for the US Open in San Francisco, or maybe a drag avatar ... no wait, we already have the tartan skirts for men...

And has anyone discovered the surprise? Or is that yet to come (a new course?)

RSS