Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:15 AM

Woodoworkery:

I,m confused did you take the spin off the wedges when you are on the fringe? 

I don't think so G,  had a chip from the fringe and the spin dot was still there,  but on the green there is no spin dot on the ball just like when you putt.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:19 AM

Woodoworkery:

I,m confused did you take the spin off the wedges when you are on the fringe? 

no

• canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:43 AM

piztaker:

canuck4everr:

The only club that should be allowed on the green is the putter ,

chipping on the green all the time is cheating .

Check the rules of golf.

I know the rules of golf already ,  you should learn how to respect the game and other players .

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:52 AM

Any club can be used on the green (it clearly says so in the rules of golf)....so I fail to see an issue....it has diddly to do with respect.

tbe

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:59 AM

People use  wedges on the greens????

Well, blow me down with a feather, it never occurred to me, other than when I go long on BPB 15. Oh well, now that it's "de riguer, I better get with the program and start tearing up the greens, and the beauty is, I don't have any old references to overcome.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 7:00 AM

thebigeasy707:
    it has diddly to do with respect.

Baloney. It has everything to do with respecting the game of golf. A gamer will use whatever means necessary to one up the system. A true aficianado of the game WILL respect that this isn't how the real game is played.

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 7:00 AM

This is a video game, not GOLF. I do not respect you, or your play, get real. Play the game how YOU want, maybe try that and quit worrying about garnering virtual "respect".  Respect the game indeed, lets make the rules same as real life then, and no, you cannot take away my spin in rl either.  This is about as silly as it gets, trying to make it more "fair" for the rest? Like they couldn't use a wedge on the green? No , the problem is they were jealous they couldn't figure it out, or pull it off consistently.  Just another case of WGT catering to the pansies.

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 7:08 AM

I just played a quik 3 hole practice round, chole'd all 3 holes with me wedge, thank you wgt! it is much easier to play the shot without spin, 1 avatar movement less, and aim right at the hole!  Thank you again, love it, one less thing to click and adjust now. 

• dianneher
    758 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 7:30 AM

Yes it's easier now they took the bs off, an im all for it. There is skill in putting, but also skill in chipping....so why not use it on the green??

• nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 7:48 AM

YankeeJim:

thebigeasy707:
    it has diddly to do with respect.

Baloney. It has everything to do with respecting the game of golf. A gamer will use whatever means necessary to one up the system. A true aficianado of the game WILL respect that this isn't how the real game is played.

but it is a computer generated game ? so it is for gamers  DOH ! Or did i miss something where it said i needed spikes in my shoes and a glove on my hand to sit at home and play it lol 

RSS